Tell Me Everything.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BullardBarnyard, May 20, 2012.

1. BullardBarnyard

BullardBarnyard In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2012
    What breed and gender is this thing? The brown one, sorry for the poor pictures. They don't like me, unlike the rest of my chickies. [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    in the 2nd pic the one in the back between the barred ones (im guessing thats the pullet/hen in question) is an ee

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The brown one in the middle? I'd say EE, coloring looks like a pullet but a close clear head shot will help.

4. BullardBarnyard

Apr 10, 2012
    Thank you.
    Those arent Barred Rock, they're (supposedly) BSL... Huh... Oh well.

5. BullardBarnyard

Apr 10, 2012
    Also, from what is seeable, are all the chickens in the picture pullets?...

6. texas75563

texas75563 Songster

Jan 24, 2012
    Linden, Texas
    The 3 barred rocks are pullets.

7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Songster

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Oh you definitely have 3 barred rocks in that pic. Looks like a BSL upper left corner. The brown chick on the ground between the 2 barred rocks is an EE pullet. I see white rocks and a production red and maybe buff orpington. From what I can see, all pullets.

8. BullardBarnyard

Apr 10, 2012
    Haha, like my chair roost anyway? Well, Here's what we bought. The one in the corner, the black, is SUPPOSED to be a Australorp, and if you can see her full on, you can tell she's getting the golden brown neck feathers like most Australorps. The "barred rock' were supposed to be Black Sex Links, BSL. But even I can admit, They look like Barred Rocks. Yes, we have Buff Orpingtons, so it's nice to know those are what they... are.. Anyway, I appreciate it. I might get more pics and post them here of all of my chickens, so you can all sex them. I appreciate it. Thanks you guys. :)

9. BullardBarnyard

Apr 10, 2012
    Also, I'm not saying any of you are wrong, It's what the feed store said when we got them.

10. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    from what i see yes all pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: