tell me it isn't a cockerel.....

Nay117

Chirping
Apr 20, 2021
quick back story .. new chicken mom.. learning as I go .. making mistakes but learning from them ... I have a mixed flock of breeds and some bantam chickens that are about 9 to 10 weeks old now. I purchased them from Tractor Supply not really knowing what I was getting. I am proud of myself with how far I have come and what I have learned in the process. One of my sebright bantams is a confirmed cockerel. He crows now & is a sweet little guy so I told him he can stay as long as he behaves (my town allows roosters.) Having a rooster was not in the plan but I'm in love with them all. The neighbors complaining may be another issue I have to post about in the next few months LOL... I am now getting worried that some of my regular sized chickens maybe roosters as well. Her name is Agnes and she was purchased thinking she was a Jersey Giant (silly tractor supply) but I'm pretty sure she is a black sex linked (learned that from you wonderful people!) Agnes is much larger than my other apparent black sex-linked and has thicker legs. I also have noticed a blue green tint coming in on her feathers and I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I don't know if I can start to see saddle feathers coming in. Please tell me she is a pullet and if you indeed still think she is a black sex link or if it is too early to tell. Thanks everyone so much for all your help!

Attachments

• 20210603_062229.jpg
    20210603_062229.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210603_063158.jpg
    20210603_063158.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 29
Looks like a pullet to me.
Looks like possible BSL but if from TSC it could also be one of their many mixed breeds sold as some fancy hybrid.

agreed, possible black sex link, pullet.
Are you sure your hearing crowing? or the alarm call...?
Yes definitely crowing coming from my sebright Bantam (I know he is imperfect with single comb but i tell him he is my beautiful boy .. he is staying so I definitely cannot have 2 roosters so happy Agnes hopefully is pullet!

Attachments

• 20210602_172715.jpg
    20210602_172715.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom