Tell me please, her age

Katareshka

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2016
Michigan, macomb county
Hello. So I have her fromjune. No eggs. Eat good, run fast. Roo never mate her. Maybe she is very old?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Her legs look older, and they have some scaly leg mites.
Very hard to say how old tho, older than a year for sure.
Her combs and face look red enough to me.
Do you free range? She might be laying out in range area.

I have foxes even climbing my fence n kill chicks.so no free range. But I killed this one. It was sitting under coop with my best layer, n didn't run when I found it.so I hit it with shovel. Not durable fox

Longer nails might mean older bird.

Treat scaly leg mites with vaseline or cooking oil rubbed all over legs and up under scales.
Will take time(weeks) for legs to look better.
Maybe repeat treatment in another week or two.

I have mixed feeling about this chick. She has great quality feathers, never lose one when I grab her, so no molting. She follow too, but he look thru her, like she don't exist. I all try oil, thank you. I'll give her month

I have mixed feeling about this chick. She has great quality feathers, never lose one when I grab her, so no molting. She follow too, but he look thru her, like she don't exist. I all try oil, thank you. I'll give her month

Why are you so concerned about the rooster not breeding her? She does not have to be bred to lay eggs. She only needs to be bred if you are wanting fertilized eggs to hatch chicks. You didn't really say why the breeding is so important.

Quote: A good mature cockbird mating a hen is often an indicator of the hens reproductive status,
he usually won't mate a hen that isn't laying due to immaturity, molting, broodiness, illness, genetic malfunction/malformation, or past her production life.

Back
Top Bottom