Tell me your experience with Cackle Hatchery

tvett62

Songster
Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Just a quick question about Cackle. I used to always order from Ideal hatchery. Well it's been a few years and I had forgotten about Ideal so my daughter and I ordered from Cackle. Plus they were closer to where I live. They we pretty expensive for what we ordered but we places it and chicks come in 2 weeks Well yesterday I found Ideal and looked up the prices and availability and it would have cost me a lot less through Idealbut I don't want to pay the cancel fee from Cackle or wait until June. . So I have no experience with Cackle, please share your experience with them for me. Will I be happy or a bit disappointed. Is the quality great? I ordered Austrolrpes, Delewares, Salmon Favorelles and Speckled Sussexx. Thanks

Hi everyone. Just a quick question about Cackle. I used to always order from Ideal hatchery. Well it's been a few years and I had forgotten about Ideal so my daughter and I ordered from Cackle. Plus they were closer to where I live. They we pretty expensive for what we ordered but we places it and chicks come in 2 weeks Well yesterday I found Ideal and looked up the prices and availability and it would have cost me a lot less through Idealbut I don't want to pay the cancel fee from Cackle or wait until June. . So I have no experience with Cackle, please share your experience with them for me. Will I be happy or a bit disappointed. Is the quality great? I ordered Austrolrpes, Delewares, Salmon Favorelles and Speckled Sussexx. Thanks
Any one, anything you can tell me? I ordered 16, do you think they will they add extras?

I ordered 15 chicks from Cackle to meet their minimum. All chicks arrived well packed, none had any obvious health issues or injuries plus 2 extras.

I lost one overnight, but since then they've been incredibly active and even the runt is growing like a weed.

I am NOT an experienced chicken owner, but I'm very pleased with my purchase. They even marked the roos for me with a bit of what looks to be orange dye right under the chin.

I've ordered from both places. I've never had a bad shipment from Cackle and always gotten extras and strong, healthy chicks.
The last year that my daughter brought chickens to the fair, her Barred Rock rooster from Cackle took Grand Champion rooster over some show-bred birds some folks paid $$$ for.

I ordered a batch of 15 silkie chicks from them several years ago. I ended up with 17, no DOA. All 17 grew up to be very healthy, lovely birds. I wasn't expecting much in terms of quality, as they were hatchery stock, but actually ended up with one boy that won best of breed at our county fair. I bred several good birds from him.

I still have three left from that batch (I sold most of them; I only bought 15 to meet their minimum). They are some of my favorite birds, with wonderful temperaments and not a single health issue over the years. They are getting on the older side now, but I still get occasional eggs from the two hens. All three are still as bright and alert as ever.

I haven't ordered chicks from any hatcheries since but would be inclined to purchase from them again. Hope you have a similar experience! Good luck with your new babies.

I’ve used Cackle several times with good success. Never an issue or DOAs, always an extra or two.

I ordered 3 lavender orpingtons from Cackle and they sent 6. They were all healthy and 4 weeks later still going strong. It was definitely pricey, but they were the only place in stock at the time to ship out next day. I would definitely order again. Good quality. Worth the extra $.

Back
Top Bottom