Tell us about your weird phobias...

Wet paper, like tissues discarded on the wet ground. Oh man, just thought is making me gag. To have to pick up something like that-no way!!
Also I get something like clastrophobia in crowds when I can't move around.

wow this thread took off fast! I grew up in the country on a farm, many times there were people stealing things or snooping around. Saw my dad run out in his tighty whiteys many times with a shotgun. So when my parents started driving truck, I was 17, I was scared to death. Every little noise was scary. Now I live in my grandparents house, which was haunted when they lived here. There is very little activity now, Im sensitive to it, but on those nights I can really feel it I just lay in bed afraid to open my eyes.

I have anxiety problems too so some of my biggest fears are something happening to me when Im home alone with my youngest son, something happening to my kids. Its so hard to let go and let them have experiences. I fell off a waterfall at a state park as a kid so now Im afriad of heights. Im just a mess
th.gif

Quote:
Yes those haunted houses are awful.

My DH insisted I go with him to one, and I got so freaked out that I started screaming and swatting the werewolf screaming that it was a bad dog. I think my husband laughed so hard he wet himself!

lau.gif

lau.gif

oh i hate scary things too! My cousin and her now husband took me to the local one (very scary) and I hung on him most of the way till someone outside started dragging me off and Im not a small woman. I almost died, I realized later I was a guy I went to school with but I just cant stand scary things.

I have a fear of falling. Not heights! Falling. I can be in a plane, no problems since I can't fall out of it (excluding skydive planes, which I obviously won't be near!). I can't handle ladders well....scary! Though I do my best. I like my feet on solid ground! This one is especially annoying since I am a backpacker and narrow trails with steep terrain are common.
barnie.gif

Moths! Don't know why, but they freak me out! I can handle bees, butterlies, etc, but moths...eww!

Spiders too! But, that's common.

I also agree with the few people that mentioned restraining! I can handle someone holding my torso, but if my legs and arms can't move, I am freaking out! Gosh forbid I get my blanket tangled around my legs at night!

Someone peeping in through the window at night. Luckily that gets fixed easily with locks and blinds/curtains! :)

A friend on mine has a fear of chickens...now that'd be the end of the world for me!
gig.gif

Quote:
Omg, once I had a dream like that! I just couldn't! Weird.

Must be a WA thing huh? LOL! Terrifies me really....

Must be! My mom sometimes has conspiracy theory dreams, like people are out to get her, and my grandma once told me about dreaming that an old woman was standing over her bed, and she couldn't move! It's known as "sleep paralysis", but wouldn't you just die? I would.

hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom