Tell Us About Yourself

Quote:
Nowhere in her post does it say to follow a specific form, it was a form she used. I see plenty of people using their own forms, and under religious affiliation,many have expounded there as well as other things that were asked. Just as I have. So if you were offended, My Apology, but this is an open forum and if I wasn't changed by GOD, I would not have all my animals and not be able to share about that with others. I Love my Chickens,Ducks, Angolas, Parrots and Turkeys just like everyone here.

Yes, let's stick with DangerousChicken's form in the very first post. It's the easiest to understand and is welcome to most people.

sorry anyone was offended. it was not my intention to offend anyone.

religion is just a part of me. my ex husband called me a holy roller
lau.gif
but to each is own.

sorry!

wendy

Wow, this thread really took off. I should have replied when there were only 2 responses, but I didn't have time
lol.png
So, here's mine...

Name: Michelle Elaine Sterling
Birthday: March 7th
Hometown: White Haven, PA
Current Residence: Bear Creek, PA
Relationship Status: Married to my HS Sweetheart
Political Views: If all else fails, move to Canada.
Religious Views: Celtic Wiccan before my kids, but now I'd just say Pagan.

Activities: Being Momma and a wife, restoring our 100 yr old farmhouse, gardening again soon, reading, sewing, hiking, biking, camping, hunting, fishing, doing anything outdoors, and trying to be self sufficient.

Interests: My kids, self sustainability, art, pets, music, astrology and weather.

Favorite Music: Celtic and Rock

Favorite TV Shows: Don't watch much tv, but I like most stuff on the Discovery Channel. Deadliest Catch is my all time favorite.

Favorite Movies:
Secret of Roan Inish, Braveheart, Harry Potter (1-5)

Favorite Books: Clan of the Cave Bear Series by Jean Auel and the Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling

About Me: I'm a 23 year old, married, stay at home mother of two little boys. Kieran (Keer-Inn) is 3 and Declan (Deck-Lynn) is 1. They were named after Irish Saints. DH is Ian. Ian was raised Catholic, but would now be classified as agnostic. I'm a 3rd generation American, my ancestors immigrated from Ireland and Germany. I'm not extremely feminine, I was raised with 2 brothers and an uncle close in age. I spent the majority of my childhood in the woods at my grandfathers. He owns 1500 acres in Canadensis. When I was 17, I attended the Pocono Institute of Taxidermy, since my father wanted to open a shop up. I never really wanted to do it and I feel like I let him down. We never opened the shop, since we've had alot of disagreements since then. My relatives and I tend to agree to disagree about everything. Same goes for my inlaws, they all hate me because I'm apparently 'normal'. DH grew up in the slums of Philadelphia and married up. That's all I'm saying about those people... DH is coming around to the 'sticks'. He loves living in the country now and spends more time with my chickens than I do. Up until this 700 Billion $ Bailout garbage went down, I was terribly excited for our future in homesteading. Now I'm praying that it works out for us, because we don't have much choice now. I'm worried about feeding, clothing and providing for my children when I know there's hard times ahead....

And that's me.

Name: Stephanie Leigh
Birthday: December 5th
Born in Lakenheath England (dad was USAF)
Current residence: Odessa, TX
Relationship status: married (sorta) 7 years
political views: well if it came down to my vote being the decider, oops!
Religious views: I am a Christian, Nazarene, but I am very open-minded and have practiced all different types, Wiccan, Jewish, Catholic.

Activities: I played fast-pitched softball for almost 20 years. Now, I'm a stay at home/going crazy mom to two little girls, Alyssa and Caydence. I run errands, tend my flock, clean the house, cook the dinner, and fall into bed.

Intrests: my family, my birds, crocheting, even though it takes me forever to finish the afghans:lol:I love to read.

Music: anything with a beat, tempo,lyrics I can figure out. dun do rap or hip-hop.

Tv shows: CSI, Criminal Minds, House, Discovery Channel, etc.
Movies: love those cheesy 80's brat pack ones!

Books: Stephen King, Anne Rice, Nora Roberts, magazines, if it looks like it will take me away better then calgon, I'm reading it!

And that's about it~! I'm cheap and simple!

Keystonepaul- Paul
Elmhurst, PA

41 years old. Thought I was going to be 42 this past june then did the math- hows that for being happy to be 41!! LOL

Married 9 good years.

One son- James 5 1/2 years old. Planned on 4 but severe post partum depression ended that. Have talked about adoption

Educated at Penn State- you can go somewhere else but it won't be Penn State!!!

Democrat, but don't worry my wife waits for me to vote and then votes her republican self cancelling out mine.
I am the director of an agency that runs group homes for the developmentally disabled in Northern NJ. Drive 67 miles one way. So I'm just tickled with the price of gas- always wanted to be a magician, now I get to pay larger bills with the same amount of money- a type of magic I guess.41 MPG Toyota echo helps a lot.
Hunting, fishing, running hounds, gardening, chickens, will get some bee hives going in the spring. KC Royals, Seahawks, Pittsburgh Penguins fan
Wife is a medical social worker doing part time and per diem work at several area hospice programs. She's a great wife and even better mother!!!!! Love her much. Paul.

Name: Cynthia

Birthday: November 18

Hometown: Born Coral Gables, FL, grew up Decatur, GA

Current Residence: North Ga Mtns

Relationship Status: Married to Tom, 33 years (how'd that happen? Im only 35...aren't I? AREN'T I????

Political Views: All politicians are liars

Religious Views: King James Bible-believing, Right-Division, Grace-Alone Dispensationalist

Activities: Being a wife, gardening, writing, reading, raising chickens

Interests: Self sufficiency, reading, quilting, chickens

Favorite Music: 60's, 70's

Favorite TV Shows
: The Closer, NCIS, House, Glenn Beck, Nancy Grace, Life on Mars, Bones, Survivor, ER

Favorite Movies: Last of the Mohicans

Favorite Books: Bingo Night at the Firehall by Barbara Holland

About Me: Not much. I'm the Keeper of the Chicken Asylum, slowly trying to disconnect from society. Adopted at 3 days old. One dubious claim to fame is that I was friends with Mark Chapman (who shot John Lennon) in high school. Weird, huh?

Last edited:
Name: tyler
Birthday: may 11th
Hometown: fernly nv
Current Residence: fernley nv
Relationship Status: singal as can be yay me
Political Views: i am all for Palin for presadent
Religious Views: lds
Activities: dog walking, caring for my animals getting ready for 4-H and haning out here on byc
Interests: animals, hairless cats, yard saling, find cheap bargains
Favorite Music: country western
Favorite TV Shows: dog whishperer, any show with horses
Favorite Movies: none
Favorite Books: storeys guide to raising any animal.

About Me: I love good food I eat as much as I can, I love hairless cats I think they are cute, I do 4-H I love Steves Homemade Icecream, I own 1 horse I have 2 dogs cristal; and carson and 2 cats lily and lizzie. aand iI might be getting a Sphynx cat soon i will name him fabeo

Last edited:
Name: Ellie

Birthday: December 11

Current Residence: Redding, Ca.

Relationship Status: Divorced after 25 years of marriage bearing 3 great kids. Guess that means single.

Political Views: Lot's of weird stuff out there!

Religious Views: Born again Christian

Activities and interests: I work full time and teach part time at a college; genealogy, woodworking, chickens, self sufficiency, gardening, reading, camping with family.

Favorite Music: 50's, 60's, and some 70's, 50's country, Christian, Classical

Favorite TV Shows: Criminal Minds, NCIS, Bones, Cagney and Lacy, Little House on the Prairie.

Favorite Radio: Dave Ramsey, Glenn Beck. These are on tv too, but I work when they are on.

Favorite Movies: It Happened One Night and others like that.

Favorite Books: A Place in the Woods by Helen Hoover, Jane Austen's books and most 19th century English Literature.

About Me: I love living out in the country and having my mom live next door and my 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren close. I cannot wait to retire .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom