Tell Us About Yourself

Name: Diana
Birthday: in January. I'm an Aquarius.
Hometown: None. Vagabond childhood.
Current Residence: The "other" city by the bay.
Relationship Status: Married forever.
Political Views: Liberal, tree-hugger.
Religious Views: Spiritual, not ready to fight about beliefs.
Activities: Procrastinating finishing my PhD. by playing with chickens, watching sunsets, reading magazines and other light-weight activities. (Never been happier).
Favorite Music: Patsy Cline, Diane Schurr, world rhythms, old school jazz...
Favorite TV Shows: Not a big T.V. nut (if "everyone" is watching it; I am sure I haven't seen it, i.e. Dancing with Stars). I like History Channel, Food Network, Animal Planet...
Favorite Books: Non-fiction of every type: social psychology, conflict studies, chicken raising, cookbooks...
About Me: I am a very articulate, unshy introvert. Would rather spend time alone or with small groups, yet I have no qualms about giving a presentation to 20 people or 120! If I won the lottery, I would live my life just as I do today. I adore my family, my dog and my chickens. I have met so many fine people through poultry raising. It reaffirms my faith in people.

Name: Beth
Birthday: Christmas day
Hometown: Southwestern Ohio various cities.
Current Residence: Near Indianapolis
Relationship Status: Married FOR 18 years.
wink.png
(edited for peapickinchicks benefit!)
Political Views: Moderate. Makes this time of year rough.
Religious Views: Pagan
Activities: Weight training, spin class, getting into shape (not there yet!) Love to read and be with my family.
Favorite Music: All sorts except rap.
Favorite TV Shows: Ghost Whisperer, Dancing with the Stars, Colts Football games. (except tonight!) various others that are not on cable.
Favorite Books: Anything by Koontz and Iris Johanson. Inkworld trilogy (Funke) Nora Roberts...and at the moment anything about chickens!
About Me: Married mom of 4, 3 dogs 2 of them rescues, 4 cats 3 of them rescues, 2 horses one is a foster from a rescue (getting the idea? I'm a sucker) Live in an old farm house on 4 acres in a small town. Love my town, but want to move to southern Indiana after the kids are out of school. I love the hills and trees down there.

Last edited:
Name: Susan Drummond (nee Jenkins)

B-Day: May 12, 1953

Hometown: Ironton, Ohio (but way out in the sticks)

Current residence: Marysville, Ohio

Relationship status: Married 36 years to the only man I've ever.....you know

Political views: Liberal-leaning Democrat

Religious views: raised a Baptist, now I'm not

Activities: sittin' with my chickens, baby-sitting 3 of my grandkids 5 nights a week, keeping up with family and friends. It doesn't leave much time for anything else.

Favorite music: I love Diana Krall

Favorite TV shows: ER--I've never missed an episode, Chuck, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report

Favorite books: so many books, so little time. All-time favorite is To Kill a Mockingbird; then, Prince of Tides, Lonesome Dove, anything by James Lee Burke and Diana Gabaldon. What I'm reading right now? The Great Derangement by Matt Taibbi (of Rolling Stone)

About me? I'm an introvert, but not socially awkward. I have 5 wonderful grandchildren whom I adore. I love nature which is my solace. I was a stay-at-home-mom and now I'm a stay-at-home-Gram. I'm a pretty decent cook and like to try new recipes. I have devoted friends which, I guess, says something about the way I am as a friend. I like writing on my blog which is my creative outlet.

Last edited:
silkie chicken... I'm a May 4th baby too.
That should make you a conservative.

Carrie.... "strong republican"?... what about yeller dog republican?... you'd vote for a yellow dog before you'd vote for a democrat?

Name: Just don't call me late for lunch, cuz I don't eat dinner.

Birthday: May 4th

Hometown: Central, UT... just south of Provo

Current Residence: Phoenix

Relationship Status: Very Happily married for 21 years

Political Views: Very Conservative

Religious Views: see "my" website

Activities: I teach Sunday School and a weekly gospel principles class in Spanish.

Interests: chickens, eventual retirement, family history, getting my 7 kids through school, teeth, gums and supporting structures.

Favorite Music: Country, religious

Favorite TV Shows: The Beverly Hillbillies, F-Troop, Dusty's Trail, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond make me laugh.

Favorite Movies: The Bourne Experiment... and the sequels. All of the Jurasic Parks and almost anything Sci-Fi

Favorite Books: The Holy Bible and other Testaments of Jesus Christ.

About Me: I hike in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve after work for exercise. Wish I could retire to a farm in the mountains. It won't happen for a long time as my youngest is just 5 years of age. We got a late start because it took us a while to find each other.

Hmmm, this is a "tell everyone about yourself" but don't tell anyone if you have any belief in Jesus...Well, really ALL I have to say is that JESUS is part of my life, and to be quite honest He is the MOST important part of my life...and that is about ALL any of you need to know about me:>) I mean did it really HURT you to read that? Sheesh...

Last edited:
This thread is to tell about yourself. Your family, your pets, not for your testimony. Yes by all means, your faith is part if not all of who you are, but your testimony would be put on a different thread. This asks about things like, your fav book, your fav movie, your fav activities.

Well for many, thier testimony IS who they are:>) And for many of us we enjoyed reading that testimony, so what's the big deal.
I don't see the Christians pulling thier "offended" cards everytime someone posts something that isn't part of our beliefs, or our lifestyles. Why is it that everyone has the right to pull thier offense cards on us?

Back
Top Bottom