temminck tragopan pen plans

Got my shelter finished up tonight and put in place. Used a few corrugated light panels on one side for light.

Attachments

• 31C7F80F-B9F4-4334-98EC-731FB0C8DEB6.jpeg
    31C7F80F-B9F4-4334-98EC-731FB0C8DEB6.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 19
  • AD4C3CBE-1918-484C-B82E-AEA85E8A23A0.jpeg
    AD4C3CBE-1918-484C-B82E-AEA85E8A23A0.jpeg
    819.6 KB · Views: 20
[QUOTE="Tony K T, post: 19674597,
Now I need to find another male so I don't have to switch my lone male back and forth.Anybody have an extra?He needs to be climatized to cold.
In N.H.,Tony.[/QUOTE]
humm extra this time of year?? This is there courtship season LOL just thought I’d give you crap. No offense

No extra hens because you can run a male to 2 or 3 hens depending on the breed.Some breeds will breed up to 8 hens,like ringnecks,silvers,reeves,amherst goldens.While others are 1 on 1 like Mikado,firebacks,impeyans(most),saytrs,cabots,cheer.
Give me all the crap you want!
In N.H.,Tony.

No extra hens because you can run a male to 2 or 3 hens depending on the breed.Some breeds will breed up to 8 hens,like ringnecks,silvers,reeves,amherst goldens.While others are 1 on 1 like Mikado,firebacks,impeyans(most),saytrs,cabots,cheer.
Give me all the crap you want!
In N.H.,Tony.
I know you you can run more than one hen to a male. Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.

You didn't ruffle my feathers.I just wanted to make it clear so everyone understands.There are a few newbies on here,not that they read postings.Within 2 days someone will be asking the same question.How many hens can I run to 1 male?But they'll leave out what breed they are talking about.
In N.H.,Tony.

No problem.
So why is my pen to small now that I have it built but when I posted the size before I started building it was ok?? that was why I made the thread to see if it was a good size?

Last edited:
Well if you read the replies,oo7sean asked you if it was just the shelter part of your pen.According to Keith Howmans "Pheasants of the World"tragopans should be a minimum of 400 sq ft.Of course not many use these guidelines.Plus all pheasants like to look around their surroundings.
In N.H.,Tony.

Well if you read the replies,oo7sean asked you if it was just the shelter part of your pen.According to Keith Howmans "Pheasants of the World"tragopans should be a minimum of 400 sq ft.Of course not many use these guidelines.Plus all pheasants like to look around their surroundings.
In N.H.,Tony.
I’m only putting one pair or maybe a trio in there. Yea I do remember reading that from him. 400sqft would be a 20x20 building for one pair? I think that would be way more space than they would need In my opinion but what do I know I’m just starting. I am also putting up netting and a fence at least twice the size of the building

Back
Top Bottom