temnp down to 96

paulaspina

Chirping
Jul 9, 2015
my incubator temp went to 96 which when looking at it I thought was 98 and ok. will my chicks still hatch> I candled one , ireally don't think it looks ready to hatch in two days anyone have any comments?

my incubator temp went to 96 which when looking at it I thought was 98 and ok. will my chicks still hatch> I candled one , ireally don't think it looks ready to hatch in two days anyone have any comments?

How long was it at 96? If it was a short period of time you may be ok...lower temps will delay a hatch though. Most incubators that have circulated air are ok at 99, so that is the temp I always shoot for. So you may have incubated at a low temp all along which will delay a hatch. If it is a stiil air(no fan) incubator, your temps should be higher than 99....not sure the exact temp since I have a fan but I think 100-102? Maybe someone with a still air incubator can help here?

Yes it's usually at 99.8. But only 2 days to hatching and the chick I candled doesn't look ready. Not that I'm an expert. I will keep bator closed till Tuesday and hope for good results.
1f641.png

Well I'm happy to say that so far on the 21st day I'm incubation one hatched , two more during the night and one today so far. Another one is pipping and I hope three more. I put them in the water bath and three more are wiggling. Thanks for helping me out! Happy hatching.

Back
Top Bottom