Temp...ADVICE NEEDED*EDITED*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nicola, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Is this temp ok for the incubator in the centere its about 101.7F and about 99.9 around the edges is that ok for chook eggs?? or would they over heat cause im not quite sure scince this is my first hatch

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    What kind of bator are you working with? Does it have forced air are not? Those temps are not to high. If you do not have forced air I beleive its 102 you want to set the temps to.

3. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:its a homemade bator with no fan so its still air and the temp i have wrote down is the temp inside the water wiggler

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  4. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I have never used a water wiggler but with the temps you mentioned you will not over heat your eggs. If you want to double check this you could do a search for water wiggler just to make sure but it seems like I remember the water wiggler is supposed to calculate the temps inside the egg. Good luck and have fun with your hatch. What are you trying to hatch?

5. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:im thining of hatching some orps nad later some pekins

6. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I have orps and they are easy to get to hatch. I've never tried ducks yet. Have fun with it. Is this your first time hatching?

7. Nicola

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Quote:YEP and by pekins i mean the chicken kind smaller version of the cochins

8. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:YEP and by pekins i mean the chicken kind smaller version of the cochins

AHHHHHH

9. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    should be fine. if i was in your position i would be like "perfect!" and go about my business.

10. jvls1942

jvls1942 Chicken Obsessed

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:exactly.. I could not tell if OP was asking advice or bragging , in a round a bout way..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by