temp and humidity?new to incubating need to know asap

Duckular

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
what does the humidity and temperature have to be on for a chicken incubator and with the humidity if its to high how do you make it lower/higher(if to low)?
please help i need to know soon.
frow.gif

What kind of incubator? Still air or forced air? Brand/type?

And . . . you said chicken incubator, but you have a duck avatar. Which are you incubating?
smile.png

Last edited:
hi jenski,
its a homemade incubator.
with my avatar and name i was originally getting duck eggs through school but there was a complication and i had to get a chicken egg editing avatar nowish
smile.png

thanks for helping

Duckular, do you have any pics of the incubator? Does it have a fan? How about a water pan in the bottom? What size light bulb are you using?

An incubator without a fan will need to be set at a slightly different temp than one with a fan.
smile.png

i have a desk fan on the outside of the tank with holes that let the air in i am using a 25watt bulb the incubator is in width 24cm and in height 37 and 57cm in length dont have picture sorry:)

The learning center here on BYC has alot of that info and its really very helpful. It might answer some other questions in your mind also. I keep my temp around 99.5 and the humidity at 50% for the first 18 days, I then up the humidity at the 18th day to 60-70%. I also turn them three to four times a day. As for decreasing the humidity, do you have a pan or sponge helping you to create your humidity(holding your water)?

hi jbowyer01
i have one third of a cup of water in the incubator thanks for ur help:)

Back
Top Bottom