temp and humidity q's

francisfarms

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
what are ideal temps and humidity needed for chick incubation? Right now it is 100 degrees and 61% humidity

That's perfect!
wink.png
Keep temp. no lower than 80 unless you have to for a little while and don't let it go higher than 105 degrees F. Temp. should be 96-102 degrees F. and hum. should be at least 30% on the first 18 days. Then you can add water in a bowl to raise hum. to 60, 70, or 80% humidity, which is the range needed 3 days before expected hatch day. Don't let it go too high or too low, since this can cause serious or even fatal problems!

Good luck!
big_smile.png

First what kind of incubator do you have? Still air or Forced Air Temps vary for either.
Forced Air is 99.5 for temp first 18 Days humidity should be 45-50%
Still Air your temps need to be higher 101 same humidity
Last 3 days temps as above but humidity should be at least 65%

Quote:
I have forced air (home made) and on the first day....we are staying 98.5 with 53% humidity in water wiggler, and air temp is 100.1 with 61% humidity. Is this going to be ok or should I tweek it?

(sorry to take over someones thread)

~Tiff~

do not tweak it. Get right to work building me one and ship it to me so I can evaluate it under controlled circumstances! I will get back to you with my results asap!
lol.png

it is a forced air hovabator, right now it is 100 degrees with 59% humidity. I have a few days before I get all the eggs I need. Can I do duck and chicken at the same time?

Quote:
I have forced air (home made) and on the first day....we are staying 98.5 with 53% humidity in water wiggler, and air temp is 100.1 with 61% humidity. Is this going to be ok or should I tweek it?

(sorry to take over someones thread)

~Tiff~

Chicken eggs should be 99.5 so yours might have a slight chance to hatch a little early humidity seems ok. I tend to run my humidity 45-55 while incubating but you should be ok. I wouldn't go messing with it if it is staying steady

Quote:
Chicken should be 99.5 mine tends to run 99 , humidity seems fine. I know nothing of duck eggs but think humidity needs to be more, maybe somone who has hatched them will respond.

Quote:
Hey, I'm not stingy with my birds. I am sure we can work something out. Right now I have that cockerel, (more grown up now) with seven little mottled pullets that are just sorta starting to lay, three to five eggs on a good day. I just set my first clutch under one that went broody a few days ago. One already showed veins. I will get back to you in a week or so and see how the fertility is. All the birds are young and don't have the hang of squatting and breeding yet. I want a LOT of people to have access to these mille fleur cochins. I plan to get them into a lot of different hands if possible. An incubator would help me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom