Temp dropped overnight to 59!

and, I love the pics of your chicks...do you know if they are pullets or cockerels?
Thanks. Nope, don't have a clue
idunno.gif
. We gave them gender neutral names, shadow and miracle
wink.png
. They seem to be doing well. We bought a few TSC chicks so they would have a little more company. The hatchery chicks are way bigger than they are. Wondering if the hatchery chicks are about a week old or something.

Hope yours are hatching out ok. It was agonizing for us because it took so long and then they couldn't progress any further.

still just the one pip. From what I read on still air incubators (Hova Bator on loan) the temp could have been set a bit higher than it was...so hopefully tomorrow we will have more pips and some hatches. YES, it is agonizing!

It is such a slow process! I apologize, as I thought I had posted, but posted to a different thread. Just had #3 hatch! 2 hatched yesterday morning, and are doing great today. Eating and drinking and "using the facilities" ;) I still have 11 more to go, 2 of which have pipped, but one is on the wrong end, so hopefully it will make it!

4 and 5 have hatched. had to assist #4...and #5 is the loudest chirper yret. By farrrrrrrr

4 and 5 have hatched. had to assist #4...and #5 is the loudest chirper yret. By farrrrrrrr

That's classic, Amy. I named my loudest girl 'Squeaky' because she kept me up all night. The brooder was in the laundry room last year. To this day she makes the most horrid, uncomfortable sounding squawk I've ever heard when there's a new egg. This year the hatching is taking place in the barn.

# 6 has hatched, and # 7 has pipped and is on the way. I tested the others...four were no good, and two are possible...so I am waiting.

The little one that I had to assist, I probably should have just let die in the shell...he or she has some leg/feet issues. I researched and made little "shoes" so the feet aren't continuing to curl up, and also "banded" the legs closer together. The little chick is growing stronger, tho...so hopefully can make it out ok.

Back
Top Bottom