Temp/Humidity Issues

CT Coop

Songster
10 Years
Feb 5, 2011
I posted yesterday "24 hours low humidity" and got some great responses. I decided to put another thermometer/hygrometer in the incy last night just to be sure and it reads 102 degrees and 80% humidity. Now I don't know which one to trust, the incy's or the new one. So, please tell me what you all use, so I can be sure and get an accurate one. I'll just trust the incy readings for now I guess. It's a GQC Sportsman and the additional thermometer is a AccuRite. After this hatch I guess I'll try to figure out how to calibrate the Incy.

I tend to trust the incubator's display least (unless it's one of my Brinseas because I've verified their accuracy). I have an IncuTherm w/probe that's really inaccurate as a thermometer but pretty good as a hygrometer...and the final arbiter is a Brinsea Spot Check. 😁

I borrowed a thermometer/hygrometer from a friend that works in a research lab so I know it’s accurate and was just calibrated. So the humidity isn’t bad at 39% BUT the temp has been running at 101...how bad is that on day 12? I’ve lowered it by a degree and will continue to monitor this hatch with the borrowed instrument and buy a Brinsea spot check! Thank you 🙏

I borrowed a thermometer/hygrometer from a friend that works in a research lab so I know it’s accurate and was just calibrated. So the humidity isn’t bad at 39% BUT the temp has been running at 101...how bad is that on day 12? I’ve lowered it by a degree and will continue to monitor this hatch with the borrowed instrument and buy a Brinsea spot check! Thank you 🙏
Excellent!!
Not sure about that incy and where the temp should measured at,
but 101 is not dangerous, might speed incubation a bit.

The manual says 100. I guess I’m just a worried Mother Hen. I usually let the hens raise them because they know just what to do and some are up and down and others hunker down and rarely move...with that kind of differentiation I guess there’s a bit of wiggle room in temp and humidity...LOL

These shipped eggs were pricey so I’m hoping to have at least some success...plus I’m ready for Fuzzbutts to be running around!

Always better to have your temperature lower when you are unsure of actual temp. Lower temps can take a day or 2 later to hatch...... higher temps, well, MURDERER! J/K about the murderer part but, you get the picture.

Last edited:
Wow....awesome information in these links....which I had seen it years ago! Thank you for sharing! I've printed for future reference!

Back
Top Bottom