temp problems with hovabator

Clucking Lovely

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Hi all, its my first time hatching eggs and im having trouble getting the temp up to the 99.5F that it needs to be. Im at 90 now... but cant seem to get that extra bit i need, any suggestions? Does the temp need to stay stable, or can it vary? My humidity is between 25-55% but the temps are low.

it does have a fan. i have a digital thermometer/hygrometer inside the incubator, I dont believe its the one that came with the incubator (bought this setup used) I will use my oven one with probes tonight when i get home to see if that makes a difference.

Turner is fine, they are a life saver.
You want temp on top of eggs. I have 2 thermometers in my small bator and 4 in my big one. You can never have enough lol
If you have a TSC they have a nice metal one for brooders. Pull a few off the shelf and see what ones have the same temp.

Bump - I can't keep the temp stable :( I think my house temps vary too much, yesterday I finally got up to 100F and then this morning I woke up to 86F temps in the incubator, 14F seems pretty drastic to me... Think I'll manage to hatch anything? :(

Back
Top Bottom