Temp Problems.....

tristancolli

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Kinmount
ok so i turned my bator on tonight for the first time in over a year. im a recovering bator addict and im just wondering i've never had this problem but i have 2 different thermometers one is a digital and one is a aquarium. the the digital was only reading 79.5 but the aquarium one was reading 90.... i dunno whats going on

Get another thermometer. -shrug- One sounds like its probably off. if they havent been used in a year they could have somehow gotten messed up.

agree the digital is probably bad. but it could also be a number of other things... depending on if the bator is forced air or still, how close the thermometers are to the heating element, etc...

i added a second aquarium thermometer and it reads the same as the first and after a while of being in the bator so did the digital so i dunno if i just have a cheapdigital and it takes like periodic temps or what but all is good now.

I have 2 in my bator that I'm testing right now, one is digital, the other is a bulb thermo. they read acouple of degrees different. the digital responds faster than the bulb, both are within the limits for incubation.

Back
Top Bottom