Temp spike 101.6

angelikimarie

Songster
6 Years
Nov 5, 2015
Melbourne Fl
I have 7 duck eggs in the incubator, I had a good temp of 99.5 for the past two weeks, 2 days ago I added water when it was low and suddenly maybe 12 hours later I saw the temp was 101.6! I opened the incubator, turned it down, and then readjusted temp. I just candled my duck eggs, they're at 16 days today and I didn't see any movement, I am having a hard time giving up on them, I plan on candling later again when it's dark, is 101.6 absolutely fatal? :(

Older embryos can usually regulate their own body temperatures to an extent. It will depend on how long the temp was high and several other factors. Only time will tell. After a several hour power outage (the incubators got down to 60 degrees) I only lost 3 eggs. They were all at different ages.

I have 7 duck eggs in the incubator, I had a good temp of 99.5 for the past two weeks, 2 days ago I added water when it was low and suddenly maybe 12 hours later I saw the temp was 101.6! I opened the incubator, turned it down, and then readjusted temp. I just candled my duck eggs, they're at 16 days today and I didn't see any movement, I am having a hard time giving up on them, I plan on candling later again when it's dark, is 101.6 absolutely fatal? :(
Forced air? That shouldn't hurt anything at all. Never give up on them, and don't throw any out. I think they'll be fine. How long was it at 101?

Don’t give up on them! I am incubating eggs on a heating pad incubator and my temp has gone to 105 a few times and down to 90 at others, But I candle every other day and most of mine are doing well. I’ve only lost a few. They are due to hatch in the next few days. Have you tried water candling? There are some good videos on YouTube on this.

Don’t give up on them! I am incubating eggs on a heating pad incubator and my temp has gone to 105 a few times and down to 90 at others, But I candle every other day and most of mine are doing well. I’ve only lost a few. They are due to hatch in the next few days. Have you tried water candling? There are some good videos on YouTube on this.
When they hatch, you should tell us how it goes. If you are drowning your eggs and have temps of 105 degrees, I can see some deformities happening if they make it. :(

Thank you all, I candled again just now and unfortunately absolutely no movement at all, and the veins look like they’re fading away. So upsetting. Should I really not give up on them? I’m going to post a picture. I don’t know what’s going on with my incubator. Having a hard time regulating, it’s a Brinsea octogon and I usually have no issues but it’s been a year since I’ve used it. Maybe I need to put it in a different room.
4150ECB9-BE4F-4558-BB8B-5226349C7DA4.jpeg
4150ECB9-BE4F-4558-BB8B-5226349C7DA4.jpeg
B4ECBE94-AE05-4EE8-9569-112365E49F46.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you all, I candled again just now and unfortunately absolutely no movement at all, and the veins look like they’re fading away. So upsetting. Should I really not give up on them? I don’t know what’s going on with my incubator. Having a hard time regulating, it’s a Brinsea octogon and I usually have no issues but it’s been a year since I’ve used it. Maybe I need to put it in a different room.
Thats really sad. Idk why that would have killed them. Everytime you unplug and replug in an incubator it changes. That's just how they are. One year they're great and the next year they're not. I would give them at least 4 more days.

Forced air? That shouldn't hurt anything at all. Never give up on them, and don't throw any out. I think they'll be fine. How long was it at 101?
I know I should pay more attention but it was 12-24 hrs. Ugh I’m so used to setting and forgetting because my incubator has been so great. Next time I will check twice a day. Getting ready to order more eggs. There are no veins now and no movement at all

I know I should pay more attention but it was 12-24 hrs. Ugh I’m so used to setting and forgetting because my incubator has been so great. Next time I will check twice a day. Getting ready to order more eggs. There are no veins now and no movement at all
I'm sorry. It's hard to monitor the incubator constantly.

Back
Top Bottom