Temp. With Computer Fan

griswolfy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
Nor. Cal.
Hello, I just put a computer fan in my LG by the window, its pointed so the air goes up and it circulates. The problem is I have the Thermostat all the way down and the temp is at like 103.5 I thought the extra lights on the fan was to warm so I disconnected them and it is still way to hot what can I do?

Hopefully you don't have your eggs in there yet! It could be that the fan motor is raising the temps. The pic I showed you before was a very small fan. You can get a light dimmer/rheostat to adjust the speed of the fan, and see if that helps.

Quote:
The red plugs don't really affect the temp all that much unless the bator is in a drafty area. If you have the eggs in already and need to fix it now you can put a regular table fan or the like in the room to try and get it down. or just turn the fan off till you can get a dimmer.

Yes I have both plugs out and I don't have eggs in I just had some hatch and will be getting some soon though. It's a 80mm computer fan.

I don't know what size that is
wink.png
is it one of the big ones that has the fan dead center with the front and back open? You could try changing the cord with one that has a lower amp output, that would help until you can get a dimmer. I'm almost positive it's the motor on the fan that is raising your temps.

It doesn't have to be 'big' to raise the temp in that small an area. Especially when it is closed in. Maybe try and put it on the side of the bator, with a space behind it? That's the way most mount that type of fan. You can use some hardware cloth to enclose the blade, as it looks like those are pretty open.

I have a space in between the window and fan thats about 3/4''. Ill try and find a smaller volt transformer. The one I am using output is 3.7 volts and that seems pretty low.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom