Temperature in the incubator

Bluebonnett Jane

Hatching
May 4, 2020
I have a new Nurture Right 360 incubator with 17 eggs inside. I placed small thermometers/hygrometers inside on the egg trays. I placed one on the exterior egg ring the same day I began incubating the eggs. Even though the digital readout on the incubator claimed it was running at 99.5*, the independent thermometer consistently read 98.4*. The temperature fluctuated a little bit, however, the humidity on both seems to run within a degree of each other. However, I stewed and steamed and finally yesterday I raised the temperature on the incubator to 100.5 and a full day later, the independent thermometer now reads 99.5. I also placed a second independent thermometer on the inner egg section this morning and it is registering 98.0*. However, I've been trying to wait to see if the temperature on this new one will stabilize. Has anyone else had an experience such as this? Am I right to be concerned about the eggs actually hatching since I am now convinced that the incubator has been running one degree low all week. I thought I would candle tomorrow to see if there's any development at all. It is nearly impossible to be patient!!

I have a new Nurture Right 360 incubator with 17 eggs inside. I placed small thermometers/hygrometers inside on the egg trays. I placed one on the exterior egg ring the same day I began incubating the eggs. Even though the digital readout on the incubator claimed it was running at 99.5*, the independent thermometer consistently read 98.4*. The temperature fluctuated a little bit, however, the humidity on both seems to run within a degree of each other. However, I stewed and steamed and finally yesterday I raised the temperature on the incubator to 100.5 and a full day later, the independent thermometer now reads 99.5. I also placed a second independent thermometer on the inner egg section this morning and it is registering 98.0*. However, I've been trying to wait to see if the temperature on this new one will stabilize. Has anyone else had an experience such as this? Am I right to be concerned about the eggs actually hatching since I am now convinced that the incubator has been running one degree low all week. I thought I would candle tomorrow to see if there's any development at all. It is nearly impossible to be patient!!
I have had that problem with my older one. But my new one is usually right on. Make sure you calibrated both thermometers though.

I got new govee digital thermometers and spent a day freaking out about temp before I calibrated it.
Just to play it safe I have been running both at 100* just in case. My Black East Indies started hatching on day 25-26 so according to the eggs temp is right on.

Back
Top Bottom