Temporary Home

el_ondeado

Hatching
Jun 22, 2020
Hi guys, does anybody know where I could keep my chickens for a week or two? I bought my chickens but my city still has not given me the permit and the guy I bought the chickens from is running low on patience. Am in DuPage County which is west of Chicago. Thanks!

You already paid for them but haven’t picked them up?

Is it possible to get a refund and wait until you get your permit to purchase some?

I would probably put an ad on fb or somewhere local to see if someone can house them for a fee. How old are they? When do you think you’ll get your permit?

Having someone else keep your chickens is not a good idea, IMO.
But you'd be better off asking in your state chat thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/illinois.37/page-1350

Hi guys, does anybody know where I could keep my chickens for a week or two? I bought my chickens but my city still has not given me the permit and the guy I bought the chickens from is running low on patience. Am in DuPage County which is west of Chicago. Thanks!
Looks like things have changed?
Hi guys, I just obtained my fowl permit but I was able to only find baby chicks this weekend and no luck finding adult chickens! Looking to build my chicken coop in the next week if I can find chickens. A quick question, can you convert a shed into a chicken coop as is that even allowed? I have a full size shed with multiple levels plus it has a vent plus a full size sliding window with a mesh. I am hoping to let my chickens live inside the shed but then build a 6' rectangular size chicken wire box right outside for my chickens to roam. Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom