Ten Little Duckies Arrived - Updated with some pics

The crested gene is known for neurological issues, and that is why some breeders no longer breed them. Make sure that your ducklings get extra niacin and vitamins this early on. Niacin can be bought at Walmart in the vitamin section. You need 100mg per 1 gallon of water. Mine only get vitamin water for the first 10 days. Niacin is vitamin B3 and very important for their development. I actually use this product:
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=231
It contains niacin, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, and probiotics.

katharinad - Thank you for the information. i have silkies and am aware of their tendency towards neurological issues, as well as brain injuries. Should have made the connection here. Will get vitamins in their water pronto.

i just looked and i have some Avia Charge 2000. Doesn't list the ingredients on the label, but says "This performance enhancer contains 70+ naturally chelated minerals, 23 vitamins & antioxidants, 22 essential amino acids, enzymes, and body & blood building nutrients."

The little one actually looks a bit better today, still small, but she is eating and drinking with the rest of the flock. That's a good sign.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom