Ten Little Duckies Arrived - Updated with some pics

The waiting is the hardest part! Hope for a safe delivery.
fl.gif

Are these your first ducks? What kind are you getting? Whatever they are, you're sure in for a whole lot of pleasure from them!
I started with Khaki Campbells (for the EGGS!
droolin.gif
) then got a couple of Pekins because my son asked, and now just got 12 Runner ducklings from MMH. They arrived in great shape and are doing fantastic, growing fast & pooping a LOT. They're 3 weeks old and I'm already keeping them outside all day & night.

The Post Office called me at 2:15 am yesterday morning. They sent 11 ducklings. All are healthy except for one that i notice isn't eating and drinking much, and is a little wobbley. Doing some hand-feeding with that girl. i ordered 4 white crested, 2 fawn and white runners, 1 blue runner, 2 golden 300 hybrids, and a blue swedish - all girls. i think the extra duck is another swedish. They are so cute!

Sorry i haven't gotten to pictures yet. i had a sweet little showgirl hen pass away yesterday, after trying to nurse her for weeks. She was under vet care, but nothing we could do to save her. It was a mixed emotion day.
sad.png

Wow, there was someone at the PO at 2am? I just ordered 5 ducklings from Metzer, thinking they'd ship on Monday. But in my second thinking this all week, they must be out of WH and won't ship until the next Monday.
sad.png
I hope this works well, my PO is not all that reliable or caring about packages. I will be hounding them beforehand for sure!
Got a female blue runner, female chocolate runner, 2 female WH, and a male WH. I'll have lots of eggs next year with them, my other female Rouen, and two female geese, which is what I want.

Yes, the main Sacramento PO is operational 24/7. It's not open to the public, but there are always people working there as it is the main hub. i think Metzer only ships on Monday, i think i read that on their site.

Anyhow, sorry to take so long to post pics. i've been really sick the last couple of days. My digital camera went kaput, so these are from my camera phone and not too clear.

Here is one of the white crested:
crestedduck.jpg

Blue Runner:
duck-1.jpg

Fawn and White Runner:
runnerduck.jpg

Oh darn, i thought i had more pics. Will have to take more tomorrow. The Golden 300's are FAST! i couldn't get a picture of them that wasn't a blur. These guys sure are cute and very messy. One of the white crested seems to have a bit of a neurological problem, keeps falling over, so i've been hand-feeding. Hope she makes it, but i'm not hopeful. After just a couple days she is half the size of the others. i just hate it when little chickies are sick. But all the others are super healthy, so i am grateful for that.

Back
Top Bottom