Duckling-Order at Metzer Farms, messed up tracking?

WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Friends,

i have ordered ten ducklings at Metzer Farms in CA for yesterday. The only thing i received from USPS was a message that the shipping label was created yesterday at 4:08 pm in CORDOVA, TN.
No update since then...
Why was the shipping-label created in Tennessee?!
Any idea what is going on and when my ducklings will arrive?

Last edited:
They opened a second location, not in California.

USPS tracking system is not efficient.. rarely updated. Even when I picked up my chicks.. it still took 2 hours before showing up on their system despite that I saw them scan right in front of me.

ETA: the new facility Metzer opened is indeed in Tennessee!

https://www.metzerfarms.com/new-facility-memphis-tennessee.html
Thank you very much for the info! - I actually remember that I've heart something about a new facility in the center of the country but did not realize that it is in Tennessee.
USPS tracking is very disappointing! Still just showing the shipping label has been created.
I hope the actual shipping is up to the standard that i have experienced before.
So Tennessee, i assume the babies will arrive here tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the info! - I actually remember that I've heart something about a new facility in the center of the country but did not realize that it is in Tennessee.
USPS tracking is very disappointing! Still just showing the shipping label has been created.
I hope the actual shipping is up to the standard that i have experienced before.
So Tennessee, i assume the babies will arrive here tomorrow.
I ordered from Metzer in the beginning of July, and they created the USPS label the day prior to shipping. They then used Fed-Ex to ship to the hub closest to me. All the while my tracking just showed the label created in TN. As soon as the transfer was made, I started getting updates from USPS. Mine arrived in 2 days to Alaska, and all 10 ducklings were healthy and active.

Just got an update from USPS:

»Expected Delivery Between 9:45am and 1:45pm for item 95055…7169.«

Has the USPS policy been changed? They deliver poultry packages now? No more picking up?

😮

Just 10 Minutes later i got a call from the PO and they told me that i can come and pick up my peeping package… Very confusing!
Anyways, i immediately jumped into the car and picked them as fast as possible. They are fine, except for one of the Buff Orpingtons. She is significantly smaller than the others and looks confused and dizzy. I may have to hand feed her if she is not getting better soon.
20220727_103545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom