Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

What did you order? Sorry if I missed that post. I had specified that I wanted Pastel ducklings and they are for sure. One is just so big and I pray it does not get huge. It makes the other look all the more tinier. I hope you get the ones you want.
7 assorted calls and 7 assorted runners (2 male, 5 female). Might add a magpie male if I can after I get home though for my mixed pen

Oh Cool!!!! When do you get them???
I have the three drakes, 2 Calls and one Mallard but my Mallard even though I have all those Hens picks on my poor Mule Duck to be his Lady and she wants nothing at all to do with him. Makes life in the pen for her not a happy one. I may rehome him if he keeps it up.

Thanks for the update. Oh Yes, I would love to see a video of yours. Are they feathered out yet? I read somewhere where it says they aren't done growing until 9 weeks of age. Do any of your Calls quack yet or are they still peeping? I am thinking I have a drake and hen only because of size unless I have two drakes and one was just a runt. It had such a hard beginning it's first 2 weeks though so that might be why it is so small yet. Thanks again for your reply, I appreciated it.
They are all fully feathered I think, the little ones haven’t been full on quacking but sometimes they make weird noises. Casper still barely makes any sound when he makes noises, he’s super quiet
All I know is record for chickens for me was about 8 months before I knew if a specific one was a male or female. Of course, it was a male. Wonder if I'll get any pairs of colors in my coming order. Hoping for a penciled pair
lol I might have a penciled pair

First calls.
For being so little they are really feisty. At least all of my little drakes have been. They will pull on the wings of my big Muscovy girls and think nothing of it. They chase my Mallard drake all over if he gets too close to their girlfriends. They mate my Khaki Campbells and Mallard Hens. They are so stinking cute and soooo ornery! LOL

For being so little they are really feisty. At least all of my little drakes have been. They will pull on the wings of my big Muscovy girls and think nothing of it. They chase my Mallard drake all over if he gets too close to their girlfriends. They mate my Khaki Campbells and Mallard Hens. They are so stinking cute and soooo ornery! LOL
Interesting. People keep saying ducks are like that. Apart from a single scovy hen, none of my two flocks are anything but polite to each other and chickens.

Interesting. People keep saying ducks are like that. Apart from a single scovy hen, none of my two flocks are anything but polite to each other and chickens.
I feel though that in general my flock all tolerate each other well. They only get wound up during mating season which is quite normal for males. Most of the time they are just all chilling and they pair up with their own kind which is funny. That is great that yours all get along too. I never see any blood shed or feathers pulled out so I consider them pretty nice to each other. It's just cute to see the Littles have the Little Duck Syndrome and do funny things.

Back
Top Bottom