Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Not yet, they’re still making chirping noises. The brooder had to be wedges in between my mini fridge and dresser since apparently Cupid can jump a foot high now :rolleyes:. In the front I unfolded a cardboard box since they like jumping on the brooder plate to get out too.View attachment 3777068
Good to know that they are good jumpers. I have strong netting over my brooder and have a 40 watt lightbulb that shines into it for heat with a towel covering it for the first few days. I also have doggy pee pads down with shavings that I have to change sometimes twice a day because they are such messy little ducklings. Hopefully yours will start quacking soon if you are wanting some Hens.

Yeah I hope they’re both hens or at least one is. Because otherwise I’ll have to make a drake only flock and separate Casper from his friends
I hope you get at least one Hen also. It won't matter to me much as I have so many Hens already so if mine are both boys I think I will be alright as long as they don't fight with my other three drakes. Two are Calls and one is a Mallard. Time will tell what I end up with and I will let you know once I can figure out what they are. I called them again today and left a message to not forget to pinion them as they had my Mallards a few years back. Hopefully they will arrive alright since it is going to be in the 40's here in the mornings but warm up into the 50's and 60's later.

Is there any company who will DNA sex callducklings? Metzer Farms does not sex call ducklings…too small apparently. And one pet DNA lab doesn’t do duckling down, only adult feathers….i want to order call ducklings from matter but keep the females and give some males to my friends- I have too many drakes , don’t want to add to the problem
Al's Quackery offers male/female pairs of sexed ducklings

You haven't posted for awhile. How are all your babies doing?
I wasn't sure who this question was directed to. I finally have my tiny Call Duck alright. I have been able to get rid of the Pasty Butt and worked on her lame leg and it is all better now too. I was worried she was going to be a handicapped Duckling. She still has not grown much compared to her companion she came with though. It is almost twice the size so I am thinking it is either a female and a male or she is just a little runt. At least she has lived and seems to be doing well after working with her for quite a bit. She was well worth it.

@Luv Ducks
Resized_20240405_174408.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom