Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
Yes the 2 bigger ones are sexed as female, I’m just making sure they’re sexed correctly. The younger 2 are 4 weeks
I hope you can keep us posted as to what the two younger one's sex turns out to be. I would be curious as my two Call Ducks from there are coming around the 27th of this month. I know they are all unsexed but I would be interested to see how many turn out to be drakes. I have a Hen that only throws off 99% drakes. She is a Mallard and out of 33 ducklings over the years, only 2 were females and the rest all males. The Hen determines the sex of the ducklings.

I hope you can keep us posted as to what the two younger one's sex turns out to be. I would be curious as my two Call Ducks from there are coming around the 27th of this month. I know they are all unsexed but I would be interested to see how many turn out to be drakes. I have a Hen that only throws off 99% drakes. She is a Mallard and out of 33 ducklings over the years, only 2 were females and the rest all males. The Hen determines the sex of the ducklings.
That's a lot of boys! The place that Metzer bought their breeding call duck stock from is where I bought 16 calls from last Spring. One passed and out of the 15, I got 4 boys and 11 girls. I had a lot of females last year on the farm from different species.

That's a lot of boys! The place that Metzer bought their breeding call duck stock from is where I bought 16 calls from last Spring. One passed and out of the 15, I got 4 boys and 11 girls. I had a lot of females last year on the farm from different species.
That's great that you got so many females from them. I got my two Mallards from Metzer in 2000. She is the one that throws off all of those males. They don't know they are going to do that though when they sold them to me. It was just the luck of the draw.

That's great that you got so many females from them. I got my two Mallards from Metzer in 2000. She is the one that throws off all of those males. They don't know they are going to do that though when they sold them to me. It was just the luck of the draw.
I used to have a phoenix that rarely threw boys. The gal I gave her to was super happy to have a proven hen thrower

It probably passes genetically too, I’ve read something before that said a man with many sisters is more likely to have a daughter, and a man with many brothers is more likely to have a son. I don’t remember how true it is, or if there was a study (I’m pretty sure there was though).

It probably passes genetically too, I’ve read something before that said a man with many sisters is more likely to have a daughter, and a man with many brothers is more likely to have a son. I don’t remember how true it is, or if there was a study (I’m pretty sure there was though).
My Husband came from a family of 4 boys. He had one son and his one brother had 1 son, another brother had 4 daughters and the other brother had 1 daughter. So out of the 4 boys they got 2 boys and 4 girls, lol.

Not yet, they’re still making chirping noises. The brooder had to be wedges in between my mini fridge and dresser since apparently Cupid can jump a foot high now :rolleyes:. In the front I unfolded a cardboard box since they like jumping on the brooder plate to get out too.
1710959853753.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom