Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
My hens have always had a pointed tail end and the drakes more of a rounded one. Size has always told me too.
Have you been able to tell by sounds what sex yours are yet? My little one is finally growing some which is good and I heard a loud whistle yesterday while cleaning out the brooder so usually that is a male which I believe is my bigger one. I have had a female whistle once though, they do that if they are scared. Mine do not like to be held or touched for sure even though I do it daily, trying to make them more sociable.

Have you been able to tell by sounds what sex yours are yet? My little one is finally growing some which is good and I heard a loud whistle yesterday while cleaning out the brooder so usually that is a male which I believe is my bigger one. I have had a female whistle once though, they do that if they are scared. Mine do not like to be held or touched for sure even though I do it daily, trying to make them more sociable.
I think Lacie might be a boy and I think Cupid is a girl, what do the whistles sound like?

I think Lacie might be a boy and I think Cupid is a girl, what do the whistles sound like?
Just a shrill single whistle sound. Did any of yours get the tail curl yet, that's another way to be able to tell. A single feather or two on the tail end of the boys will curl when they get a little older if they are males.

Back
Top Bottom