Tennessee anyone?

I live in Mt Juliet (abt 14 miles east of Nashville) Looking for chicken lover or owners. I live alone and about to throw in the towel trying to give my chickens medications. They have a necks like a rubber band. I have lost two 3 month old chicks in the last month, had a stool sample done. only light load of coccidia the vet said. Day before yesterday yet another chick began to act lethargic and was laying around a lot. Have given them Denagard, Tylan and Corrid. These are the only 2 I have left and this morning I wormed them because I have tried everything else. I even ran a cool mist vaporizer with Oxine blowing in their cage all night just in case. My oldest (huge) 3 year old orpington is really suffering in this heat. The chicks run in terror when they see me probably because they think I am going to medicate them which usually doesn't go too smoothly. The older 3 orpingtons dont act a lot differently. These are supposed to be pets but it is not going like I expected. If there is anyone could ever help me when I need to give meds etc. I would do the same for them or even pay them if need be. I feel like giving them all away or leaving home myself

Last edited:
If anyone knows someone wants to sell just three or two hens. Could be Rhode island red, leg horn, or other. That's not to expensive. Please let me know. Trying to find some hens for my pet rooster. I'm located in East TN. Willing to driving short distances. Like Knoxville, severvillle, or Maryville.

Back
Top Bottom