Tennessee visit - The Rusty Rooster

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Reinbeau, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

We recently spent a week in Tennessee visiting with hubby's parents and prowling around down there. They're just north of Crossville, and on Peavine Road in Crossville there's a neat little shop called The Rusty Rooster, I think it just opened this month. They were selling nest boxes there, big 12 unit things, but they were decorated up so cute, I wanted to share one with you all:

[​IMG]

I went in there looking for something for my garden. I've got a new herb garden out front that I had wanted to put a birdbath in, but couldn't afford it. I ended up finding a neat concrete pineapple that I thought might look good in there, I was right! Tt was much cheaper than what I had planned in there, and I think it's better than what I originally had wanted!

[​IMG]

Here's a closeup:

[​IMG]

If anyone is down in that area, that shop is well worth looking up!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That looks fabulous! [​IMG]

3. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    Ooh! I'm so happy you mentioned that place- I'm not too, too far from there. I think an outing is in order... Your garden is very pretty by the way! I love your new pineapple.

4. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Really pretty design!!! Your garden, and the nestboxes!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:Make sure you tell them a Yankee sent you their way! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by