Tennessee

Pics
Thank you much tn.lou - cleared that right up. I'll try to attend. I will still be selling at the Madisonville show at 7am... hopefully will be sold out and not have anything to take with me.... either way... try to be there, sounds fun!

i'll be on my way back from ATL Saturday morning.... i might be able to talk my friend into stopping by. i guess the real question is if i can convince her to let me cart birds home in her car!
lol.png

Quote:
You are bad! Bad, bad, bad!! lol.

I'm kidding, of course.

(BTW, I re-homed those ducks to a guy who was very friendly and let me come see his place to rest my mind first. He had EVERYTHING! It was awesome!)

I'll have my Bantam Delawares at the Madisonville sale, but if you want some, Leah... PM me. I'll hold them for you. I want to sell some of the roos, but I'm playing with the idea of a pair or two (not too many... can't sell all my girls) I'll also be selling bantam red cochins and buff sebright cockerel(s) (can't decide one or two for sale) and two pairs of light sussex. Maybe more. I don't know what I can fit in the car. lol.

After the Madisonville sale, I plan on making it down to GA for the TSC trade... hopefully I'll be sold out already and not have any birds for sale.... just empty cages to bring more home. lol.

Quote:
You are bad! Bad, bad, bad!!

i know! well, pullets and hens i have plenty of room for. it's just the waterfowl who would be living in a shambles. which is why i didn't want to take on the ducks- i'd have to build a new pen that would be big enough which would be just one more pen that poor mom had to look after when i'm gone.

and i'm sure i won't be purchasing anything at the sale..........

don't need any more bantams, but thank you so much for always being so willing to load me up with birds! friends like you are a dangerous thing to have! if i was settled already, i'd be overrun with your spares.
wink.png
(note to self: be strong around tnchickenut. strong i say!)

Quote:
You are bad! Bad, bad, bad!!

i know! well, pullets and hens i have plenty of room for. it's just the waterfowl who would be living in a shambles. which is why i didn't want to take on the ducks- i'd have to build a new pen that would be big enough which would be just one more pen that poor mom had to look after when i'm gone.

and i'm sure i won't be purchasing anything at the sale..........

don't need any more bantams, but thank you so much for always being so willing to load me up with birds! friends like you are a dangerous thing to have! if i was settled already, i'd be overrun with your spares.
wink.png
(note to self: be strong around tnchickenut. strong i say!)

Aw, don't think I won't buy yours when I go into my buying phase! lol. Ebs and flows.

I WANT TO TELL ALL:
I got the date of the Madisonville trade wrong!! It is the first and third Saturday of every month.... but this Sat. is the 4th... so no sale. Please don't be mad at me!

Yippee!!!! I found a hatchery in Tennessee that has Silver Laced Wyandottes!!!!! I'm going on a road trip next weekend, and I am SO excited!!!! I didn't know this place existed, so I am going to share the website with you all. They have chickens of all ages!!!!!
www.poultryhollow.org

I just checked it out. They list Delawares, but no pic other than chicks.
sad.png

So far this year I bought from 4 breeders and everytime I have been greatly disappointed and just got freezer birds and extra "eatting egg" flock hens. I mostly recently have got some from a breeder (I won't name publicly because that isn't nice) and 50% of them look Columbian without barring at all!!!! WHAT!??!?!

Sorry if it sounds cocky, but I have real trouble finding Delaware stock to compliment mine.

Yes, I checked him out too after you recommended him before. This one is much, much closer to me. I am in Montgomery county. They are in Carthage.

I have a friend in Oklahoma that used to breed Delawares. We have been out of touch for so long, I don't know if she still has them or not. They were extraordinarily beautiful. That was long before I had any chickens myself.

Back
Top Bottom