Tennessee

Pics
Hi everyone! We're in east Tennessee (Monroe County). Our current crew consists of a Salmon Faverolle hen, Sapphire Plymouth Rock hen, Easter Egger roo (was supposed to be a female🤦), and a Silkie roo. We'll soon be looking to expand our small flock since we need more girls now. We also have a male and female pekin and 3 Khakis (1 is male). I'm told we should add a few girls to this group also.

I'm a chicken junkie from Lebanon
ya.gif

frow.gif
I am from Vanleer, Tennessee which is in Dickson county, considered to be 'middle Tennessee'; about an hour west of Nashville and 30 minutes east of Clarksville.
We have WBT and BBT Japanese bantams, Belgian booted mille fleur bantams,Dutch bantams, assorted Silkies,golden Pheasants, a white peacock and a white pied peahen sitting on 5 eggs.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

We also have registered black Angus cattle, lots of quarter horses(last count at 20 or so),buffalo,donkeys,2 emus and 1 llama named Piere! And, my little house dog, Baby, who is a Schnoodle.(half Schnauzer and half Poodle)
big_smile.png

Good morning, folks! My wife and I just got our first chickens ever yesterday afternoon. We have five. The breeds are a bit different than we thought they were going to be, but that's no big deal. We got them from our friend who is a homesteader a mile down the road from us, so we know the source. I will post pictures of the new girls later. For now, here is a photo of the coop my wife and I built. The run is 18 x 6. We still need to add a couple of things for the ladies, but it's functional. Within four hours, one of them already laid an egg. We put fake plastic eggs in the two nesting boxes for them to see, and one of them went there very quickly to lay an egg. We are excited! We are also going to establish our own little meal worm "farm" for feed.

I am so impressed with how much knowledge there is here in the forum, and I am looking forward to learning much from all of you! My wife and I are total newbs to this, but we're excited to be doing it! Have an eggcellent day!!

Mike

20230527_200456.jpg

20230526_194041.jpg
20230526_194027.jpg
20230526_163839.jpg

Back
Top Bottom