Tennessee?

I just did a search and found this page. http://cpa.utk.edu/pdffiles/cpa86.pdf It says 1,500 dozen or 30 case per year. Also talks about must be sanitzed and coartons to be marked with owners name address and ungrade eggs. One I do not get is place inspected. Like they have the time to do that at all. Now this was a 04 document so I do not know if it has changed since this was all I was able to find.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that document isn't complete. The actual rules/regs involved goes on for 15-20 pages. The portion that deals with a farmer selling the eggs produced by his own flock is at the end. If your operation is large enough to be included in the 1500 doz or 30 cases per year, then your egg handling facility and storage units have to be inspected because they consider you to be a food seller.

Guess I will not worry about it for I wil not have that many chickens to produce 1500 dozen. LOL Thats alot of eggs. As I said I was more interested in what the cartons had to be so I guess that is answered also.

So how many chickens does everyone have here anyways? Just curious.

Quote:
According to my calculator, you would need to collect between 49 and 50 eggs a day to meet the 1500 doz per year max.

I have 13 adults, 23 7 week old Leghorn pullets, 13 3 week old Delaware and Delaware crosses (offspring of the adults), 4 RSL chicks that hatched earlier this week, 1 BO & 1 BO cross that hatched earlier this week. Oh, and 9 SPR eggs that will hopefully all hatch and 11 BO eggs that hopefully will also hatch well. Hmm.......if all the chicks turn out to be pullets I could end up with those 50 eggs a day........
tongue.png

There is an auction in Elkton ,Ky this sat. Last sale they had 252 hens,95 roos,380 chicks,266 bantams22 turkeys, 25 rabbits,75 ducks,goats,calves,pigs.(They sent out a market report!)
I'll be taking a pair of silkies,two trios of EE bantams,10 racing homers,1 silkie cross hen. Sale starts at 10 am.Its not far up in Ky.,with in range of Nashville area.

Back
Top Bottom