Tennessee?

Quote:
Knoxville is the best of the 3 cities IMO, I've lived a while in Memphis & I visit Nashville often, but Knoxville is what I'm looking for. I use zillow.com to find the status of real estate in any area. I would recommentd http://www.knoxnews.com for news/classifieds and http://www.wbir.com is the local NBC affiliate.

If your more interested in the mountains, then http://www.thesmokymountainpress.com for the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area just East of Knoxville. Although in this area it's best if you want to work in the hospitality industry somewhere.

The inexpensive counties to live in are Cocke, Jefferson, Hamblen and still stay close enough to knoxville to be worth it.

Lots of luck! Unemployment is high here too, but there are no state income taxes and property taxes are usually reasonable compared to most the rest of the developed country.

Plus, you'll need to aquire a taste for ORANGE, not the flavor, the color.. very proud of University of Tennessee here
wink.png

Quote:
Madisonville, TN here. Im about half way in between Knoxville and Chattanooga.

Your right next to Sweetwater right? I go to the Flea market there almost every weekend!

Welcome to you all and HI!

I can't help with rent. We bought in. But it is a good place to live. I live in Kingston.

My real estate agency was Jim Henry - Coldwell Banker in Kingston and the agents name was Karen Tustin. I'm pretty sure they also list rental properties. Or can refer you. Karen worked with us from California.

Kingston has some nice spots to it. Still pretty rural but close to good hospitals (I am also disabled) and town - 30 - 40 minutes will get you to the theater, the downtown scene, the Riverfront and several great shopping areas including the best restaurants.

I love where we live, and am so glad we settled on TN.

hello everyone,
I'm from montgomery alabama, but i often travel through tenn. I am currently trying to find a bantam duck breeder, someone that raises Mini silver appleyards or ausstrailian spotteds. Does anyone here know of any breeders/hatchteries in Tenn? We would prefer to pick up rather than ship.

Hello Again,
Sounds pretty good about the Knoxville area and thanks to all who gave me the info. I have a lot of factory experience plus I have worked at other different places, so I hope to do alright in that area. For the time being, the rental prices were what I was somewhat wondering about. Two to three bedroom. So what info you gave me should help.
I am still hoping to be able to find a place where I can bring some of my chickens. I have gotten quite attached to them and some are special.
Have a wonderful day! Myrna

Chickenpal, We bought in Sevier county. came from California,
after 30 years.to be closer to family.
and just loved it here. but jobs are scarce. unless you like
the hospitality field. Hotels, Resturants, also Realestate
and medical field.business.
. Rents here run about 650.mo.2bd,2 bath,but very nice.
we have nice weather a little snow not nearly as harsh as Michigan.
We are not too far from Sweetwater.
We love the seasons. and have our chickens .
hope this helps.

I have 22 or so (more every day) PolishXSilkie eggs, with a small chance of pure Silkie, that I did intend to hatch.
unfortunately that wont work, and the eggs are getting older and older.
the oldest are as much as 3 weeks old
sad.png

I KNOW someone on here is starting up the bator with some extra spots!!
If someone will hatch these they are FREE!!!! send me a PM if interested!
Thank you! -jake

Quote:
Madisonville, TN here. Im about half way in between Knoxville and Chattanooga.

Your right next to Sweetwater right? I go to the Flea market there almost every weekend!

Sure am, I havent been to the flea market in a while, I need to go and see what they have.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom