1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Terra Nova

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gaited horse, Sep 29, 2011.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Who else is watching it?
    I really like it.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I saw the two hour premier on Monday.... has a second show aired?

It scared my younger kids...

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    My mom was watching it and I caught most of it while I was cooking. It does seem very interesting, but then Lost seemed really interesting for the first few episodes too, and then it got way too complicated and not so fun to watch. I hope this show doesen't follow those footsteps, and if they lightened it up just a tad I would be a regular viewer, because I love the main storyline.

4. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    character's seam likable enough and the premise seams good. I am going to watch it again.

I also like the Ringer on CW with sara micheale geller, and the new show Revenge is good. I think that was abc

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    it was definitely better than the reviews, but was still all over the place. Hoping that will settle down now that there is only going to be one person in charge, not 12! That was part of the delay; constant changing of producers.

I wasn't sure because it seems like they are trying to be EVERY show. Lost, time travel, dinosaurs, medical drama, cop show, family show. I like that one reviewer commented that reading the premise would sound like it was written by a 5 year old: I want a show where they go back in time. And there are some bad guys. Police and gun fights. OH OH OH and dinosaurs!

[​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    We are watching, and liked the 1st show.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I was somewhat disappointed but will continue to watch.

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I watched it on hulu last night. I liked it.

9. maclady

maclady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    I enjoyed the show. I think the show will settle down after the pilot. I believe it seemed to jump around because they were trying to set up the show with background information. I will be watching this season.[​IMG]

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Was very disappointed and not surprised either.

Being an "amateur" paleontologist / paleo-artist I watched it for the dinosaurs. But, no, it was 70% teenage drama, 20% family/adult drama, and 10% anything to do with the actual environment (dinosaurs)

The girls' silly speech on Brachiosaurs was (in my opinion) ridiculous, and I hope the ones shown were supposed to be Sauroposeidon or something because Brachiosaurus itself didn't live 85 million years ago, along side the Carnotaurus shown (which though was nicely modeled, it was poorly animated) and then I don't know what to say about the "Slashers."

Plot-wise I think they threw way too much into the pilot episode, and the things that the kids do just makes me dislike them and the show.

[​IMG] Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by