Terror From the Sky in the Middle of the Night

We are seeing lots more airborne preds now too, even here in the 'burbs. Everything's getting hungry, so we're keeping a close eye on security.

Good luck, pips&peeps! Keep us posted on your boy's progress.

hugs.gif
Sorry he was attacked, but if everything was superficial then I think he will be just fine.

I hope your critter gets better. That must have been scary. Just last night I heard an owl hoot hoot hooting around 2:30 in the a.m. I lost a young cat to an owl a few years back.
sad.png
And now we have a hawk hanging around. There's always something. We just make sure everyone's locked up. good luck with your poor goose Pips.

Edited: to replace a smiley with a frowny. :|

Last edited:
When I got up this morning, my little man looked pretty good. I helped him out of the dog crate and gave him more baytril and put more drops in his eye.

The wounds around his beak and eyes looked very good as I had a pail of oxine water for him to drink and rinse in.

I let him out this morning on the lawn with the rest of the flock. He seemed very eager to rejoin them, but I don't know if I will leave him out this evening. He doesn't seem to be eating and is still pretty slow.

I have been watching them all very closely. The eldest mama goose walked up to him and "talked" to him and preened him just or a second and walked off.

I just wish he would eat.....

He is out with the rest of the flock now, but I am still not seeing him eat. I gave him some vitamins today. He just really needs to be with the other birds.

I just hope I don't go out in the morning and find him gone.
hit.gif

I tried giving him pure scratch today and he wouldn't eat it. I tried green beans, corn, put them all out on the lawn the last two days......
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom