Testamonial: Hubby Replaced By Stranger

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
I've read other posts about it, but didn't believe it. Now it's happened to me.

Last night, as I expressed frustration about my little McGyver-bator, my husband inquired why don't I just let a hen sit on the eggs to hatch them. I patiently explained that our hens don't seem to be the "broody" type.

He asked what breeds were considered to be the most broody, and I showed him the thread about broodiness and silkies. ( God Bless the original poster of that thread
lol.png
)

And then, after telling me a week ago I had enough chickens...( Enough?? No such thing! )...he asks me where we can get some silkie chicks. I was so shocked I couldn't think of an answer. I have my fingers crossed our TSC has Silkie pullets when they finally get their chicks.

He was talking this morning about another new coop. Bigger than our new 8x10 coop, for breeding our SLWs.

So, my husband has also been replaced. By aliens, or the government or whatever...but I think I'll keep this model.
gig.gif

Gosh I hope this is a contagious change!
I really want a new coop. And less complaining about me hatching babies in the bator would be sooo nice, too.

It must be something in the air over the US. Somebody else posted the same kind of thread - wondering where her DH was, and who was this other man who wanted more chickens.

Since we lost one of our five hens, I commented that I miss her and the amount of eggs we used to get. He said "well, get more". Just a few months ago, he said, NO MORE CHICKENS.

Not married yet but do you think it could work on Dads, lol. Actually, my dad loves my chickens and he helps me build coops, but he did put a limit on me.
sad.png
I can only have like 45 chickens or something like that, lol. I think I have 3 "chicken slots" left, lol.

I opened the windows for a few minutes to air out the house, so maybe the strange man behaviour will waft in your directions.

Sorry, but the windows are closed again as I don't want it to all get out.
lol.png

Em

Hee, hee - my office mate and I were just talking about the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" - I wish they would come exchange my crabby husband!

I think mine has been replace also. After recently just building a pen for our goose (well actually she seems to be his goose) he said to me. "That will do fine for now but I'm going to enlarge the chicken run with that pen and build another for her because you're going to need it when they start hatching babies.
This is from a man that thought chickens were born dressed out and ready to eat!

Jacie

congrts on the new DH LOL

mine is also a replacement model - mine has decided we need MORE chickens and was asking where the new coop and run are going -
ep.gif

I am also hopeing my TS is getting a few silkies in the mix they are getting I would love one of those little broody girls ( or two..or three...or
wink.png
)

enjoy the "new" DH lol

Julie

Yep.......that explains it! I'm getting chicks next week, and while I have simple brooder facilities, I'd really like to have something more substantial. I was looking at the brooder thread and found a couple that I really like.

My DH walked by about then and I asked him (half tongue in cheek thinking he'd shoot me down) if he'd build me one like "this one" or "that one". Instead of shooting me down, he told me to decide what dimensions I wanted it!!
ep.gif

So, feeling bold, I explained that I'd been thinking about the garden, and the fact that the chipmunks cleaned it out, forcing me to replant last year. We also have a gopher problem, so after I prepare the garden soil, I plant in recycle tubs from the trash company and pit set the tubs. My 'solution' is to build a frame with 2 x 4's, cover the frame with chicken wire or hardware cloth, and place this 'basket' over the tubs.

I told him I could build them (he knows full well how that would go!), but would need his help with the first one. He started telling me about how HE would use 2 x 2's instead (great idea!), and he'd just measure the tubs and how many did I want?

I'm debating on pushing my luck with another coop and run for the girls! LOL

Back
Top Bottom