Testing and Shows

pipermark

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Arkansas
I had a post disputed recently and I wanted to wait until I received an answer from some from someone directly involved in putting on APA shows. My contact said the following when asked about testing.

Most state require the standard NPIP-PT papers as a minimum. Some states
are a little different. Texas has gone to Texas-only exhibitors and you
still have to submit the standard NPIP-PT papers. Some states are requiring
AI testing in addition to the PT papers.

Steve Jones
Oklahoma State Poultry Federation
9677 Butler Lane, Poetry, Texas 75160

I state again, I would hesitate bringing a bird to any show that does not test on site or ask for NPIP papers. Our local county fair, not associated with APA , test all birds on site, before they are allowed into the poultry exhibit area.

Last edited:
I am the secretary for a local APA sanctioned show. The information you got from Steve is correct to the best of my knowledge.

As I said in the previous thread--different states have different requirements, those in the west tend to not require testing. Arizona, New Mexico & California do not require any sort of testing, and consequently the shows in these states do not require any advance or at the door testing.

In years when there were particular concerns both California & New Mexico have had inspections or on-the-spot testing. Arizona disallowed any exhibition whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom