Testing

B_Chickle01

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
Stephentown,Ny
Hey I just wanted to follow up with everyone who has helped me over these past AWFUL several months.. I lost two more chickens.. one of mine I lost Monday am it was my last Porcelain Duccle I had left she was 3yrs old. I paid for over night shipping to Cornell for Necropsy and Bloodwork. It was hard parting with her body but I paid an extra $100+ for them to cremate her and send her back to me where she can be laid to rest with the rest of her flock. I was told 72 business hrs to hear results from Necropsy and then about a week or so to hear results of blood work once its back from the lab. I lost ANOTHER chicken today. She was the last surviving Splash Silkie.. we let her out today she was alive hours later I was walking towards coop talking and singing to her as I do every day and thought it was weird when i didnt hear response or see her down in run..but I knew she was grieving the loss of a flock mate.. opened coop saw her laying on her side in nesting box and touched her and she was stiff😞 I am so heart broken I just want this to be over. I will be sure to let everyone know results as soon as I hear back from Animal diagnostics. And once again thank u everyone for all ur help im hoping I will not need it from any other animals in distress. @azygous I remember you amongst a couple others were there for me and I cant tell you how much that means to me.

Hey I just wanted to follow up with everyone who has helped me over these past AWFUL several months.. I lost two more chickens.. one of mine I lost Monday am it was my last Porcelain Duccle I had left she was 3yrs old. I paid for over night shipping to Cornell for Necropsy and Bloodwork. It was hard parting with her body but I paid an extra $100+ for them to cremate her and send her back to me where she can be laid to rest with the rest of her flock. I was told 72 business hrs to hear results from Necropsy and then about a week or so to hear results of blood work once its back from the lab. I lost ANOTHER chicken today. She was the last surviving Splash Silkie.. we let her out today she was alive hours later I was walking towards coop talking and singing to her as I do every day and thought it was weird when i didnt hear response or see her down in run..but I knew she was grieving the loss of a flock mate.. opened coop saw her laying on her side in nesting box and touched her and she was stiff😞 I am so heart broken I just want this to be over. I will be sure to let everyone know results as soon as I hear back from Animal diagnostics. And once again thank u everyone for all ur help im hoping I will not need it from any other animals in distress. @azygous I remember you amongst a couple others were there for me and I cant tell you how much that means to me.
Oh wow! This is awful! Hopefully they will have answers for you soon and that you don't lose anymore!

I am so sorry, I hope that you are past this soon, it must feel awful. I would have PTSD :(
I do. I almost feel like even more so now that its been confirmed although i already had suspicious. With the bird Bootsy that was sent off for necropsy(died b4 silkie Harriet) she was one who showed most clear signs of it.

I wanted to follow up as promised sorry I've been working a lot.. It’s Marek’s. :hitWhich leads me to my next question I would love opinions from anyone who could take a couple mins to respond.Is it ok to get new chicks if vaccinated? Im so worried I don’t want another animal to suffer. Im just so depressed losing like more than half of my flock. Im really struggling with the decision. What would you do? Would you do some heavy cleaning(again) of coops and brooders(obviously cant do much about land) and vaccinate day of hatch chicks? Or should I not?Hope to hear back from someone soon. I was waiting to place order for vaccine. Uploaded pic of email from Cornell for Necropsy results.

Attachments

• 922E8B52-EFEF-43CC-A116-A483CF625ECD.jpeg
    922E8B52-EFEF-43CC-A116-A483CF625ECD.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 2
I wanted to follow up as promised sorry I've been working a lot.. It’s Marek’s. :hitWhich leads me to my next question I would love opinions from anyone who could take a couple mins to respond.Is it ok to get new chicks if vaccinated? Im so worried I don’t want another animal to suffer. Im just so depressed losing like more than half of my flock. Im really struggling with the decision. What would you do? Would you do some heavy cleaning(again) of coops and brooders(obviously cant do much about land) and vaccinate day of hatch chicks? Or should I not?Hope to hear back from someone soon. I was waiting to place order for vaccine. Uploaded pic of email from Cornell for Necropsy results.
I'm so sorry! I'm unfamiliar as to how to proceed. Surely someone with more experience will respond soon!

Back
Top Bottom