1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tetra tints

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LoreleisMama, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LoreleisMama

LoreleisMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    I can't find a lot of info on this breed. Any info?

2. patty12

patty12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
  3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Do a search with the BYC search engine at the top right corner of the screen and you will find atleast 3 threads that has already been started about them.

They are from Mt Healthy hatchery and are only being sold to Tractor Supply to sale in their stores.

Here is a quote from an email when I emailed Mt Healthy about them
    We are carting the tetra tints just for Tractor Supply, we do not have them listed on the website, they are a high producers of creamy brown eggs, they are white in color maybe with some darker spots on them and the adult hens will reach app 5 lbs

Thank you,
    Mt Healthy Hatcheries

So they would bacically be a cross of a White Leghorn with another production breed, similar to the Austra Whites that Cackle is carrying this year that are a cross of a Black Australorp roo on White Leghorn hens.​

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    They are probably someone's specific strain of sex-links. There are many; Bovans Brown, Hisex Brown, Tetra-Americana, Shaver Brown, Dekalb Brown, Babcock Brown, etc.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by