Tetratint?

love4mj96

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
I went to TSC today and they had some chicks called tetratints,i think?anyways does anyone have a picture of an adult one?I looked on google but couldnt find one.

Thanks

i dont know either,the chicks are just yellow so i guess they will be white?But i cant find a picture anywhere

Okay thank you,i forgot to look there
sad.png

oh okay,i asked the woman who was putting them out and she said she didnt know either,one had two spots on its back so i think ur right on the color thing.

If they were White with black spots on their back then that would be heterozygous Domiant White so maybe they are a cross of Ameraucanas on White Leghorns and which would give white birds with black dots that lay light blue tinted eggs and maybe the Tetra part is maybe from the Neon Tetra fish, they are little mostly bright blue fish and maybe they are associating the neon blue color of these fish with the color of the eggs . ??????????????????????

Ok did some digging and found this:

Babolna has been a centre of animal breeding excellence forover 200 years, and a breeder of brown egg-laying hybrids for the world-widemarket for nearly 30 years. The company produces the TETRA-SL and HARCO brownlayer breeders. The former was developed at Babolna, and HARCO was transferredfrom Arbor Acres in 1990. TETRA-SL supplies 70% of the Hungarian layermarket.
Both TETRA and HARCO are used in over 50 countries covering adiversity of climates and management conditions. Grandparent operations arefound in Germany, Peru, India, China and Japan. Babolna Rt. TETRA is a state owned company.
Continuing the 200-year-old tradition of animal breeding has become the aim of Bábolna Tetra Kft. As one of the world's leading, layer-hybrid, breeding companies, now with new owners, new management and after a thorough company reorganization/reconstruction we would like to continue our activity even more vigorously. The target of our genetic research is to provide our customers with a hybrid that is efficient, producing high egg numbers with low costs and which gives the best results under various climatic conditions around the world. Our entire team - representing an internationally recognized organization - are totally committed to the highest possible quality, efficiency and environmental awareness.

Check out the website:

They're hybrid layers.

http://www.babolnatetra.com/termekek_en.html

I rest my case. Name made up for a hybrid layer. . . Like ISA Browns, Hylines, Amberlinks, and so on. . .

Back
Top Bottom