Texas A&M Sexing???

Beakmaster, you do realize you are responding to a thread that is more than a year old. With the exception of one member, none of them has posted here in more than a year.
James

Didn't check the dates.... my bad. I was actually doing a google search and got kicked back to BYC. So it may still help someone. How did you find it? Are you the one who still uses the site?

So we had just bought 6 quail this weekend from a local breeder and she had shown us that the males are more of a golden chest and the females are more speckled the birds we got are texas a&m quail..Hope this helps

I turn mine over..... squeeze the vent. .... if white foam comes out its a male. If nothing its a female. Hasn't failed me yet.

I turn mine over..... squeeze the vent. .... if white foam comes out its a male. If nothing its a female. Hasn't failed me yet.
If you are squeezing the vent of a breeding age bird, in a pen with males, the chances are good you can find foam in the vent of a hen. Those darn roos are always hide'n it there just to throw ya off!

If you are squeezing the vent of a breeding age bird, in a pen with males, the chances are good you can find foam in the vent of a hen. Those darn roos are always hide'n it there just to throw ya off!

You got a point! I havnt had a problem with it yet. But thats the best way I know.

So we had just bought 6 quail this weekend from a local breeder and she had shown us that the males are more of a golden chest and the females are more speckled the birds we got are texas a&m quail..Hope this helps

Lol... A&m birds are solid white... thats what the thread was about... you are talking about brown coturnix birds... if the birds arent solid white they are not A&m quail.

I have read on here that all you have to do is pick them up and look at the area behing the bung hole and if it is swelled up then you have yourself a roo. Well they are 4.5 weeks old now and I cannot tell any difference. Is there anything else that I can look at to tell. Is there any facial features or anything that would be different.
EASIEST WAY TO DETERM BOYS FROM GIRLS IS WATCH FOR CROWING !!! THEN SEPARATE THEM PUT THE QUAIL RING ON RIGHT OR LEFT FEET AND JOB DONE WITHOUT STRESSING THE BIRD. THEY WILL START CALLING EACH OTHER IN THE AGE 5-7 WEEKS IF FED PROPERLY. GREAT BIRDS, I LOVE MINE. EVERYDAY LAYERS AND SILENT SINGERS. THEY HAVE PERSONALITIES ALSO.

I have read on here that all you have to do is pick them up and look at the area behing the bung hole and if it is swelled up then you have yourself a roo. Well they are 4.5 weeks old now and I cannot tell any difference. Is there anything else that I can look at to tell. Is there any facial features or anything that would be different.
EASIEST WAY TO SOLVE THE MISTERY WATCH FOR CROWING MALES!!!
I PUT QUAIL RING ON THEIR RIGHT FEET, BEFORE I PUT THEM WITH THE FEMALES AND DEAL DONE WITHOUT STRESSING THE BIRDS. THEY ARE GREAT LAYERS AND QUIET SINGERS (HENS). WHEN FED WELL THEY WILL START CALLING EACH OTHER IN THE AGE 5-7 WEEKS ALREADY.
IMG_20210907_074511156.jpg

Back
Top Bottom