Texas Chicken Lady, pt. Deux

rossovivogirl

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My son and i first got chickens in April 2020 - 4 Ameracauna layers. They were so fun to raise. They met an unfortunate Denise the first day we moved them to my husband's home after we married in November 2020 when his German Shepherds found a way through several obstacles to let them know they were not welcome.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We decided to try again in Spring of 2021 with a Producer's Pride Poultry pen, and it's been great so far. We have 8 -
(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island Reds, Golden Sex Links, Silver Laced Wyandottes and a few mysteries.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love caring for them and learning - about them and their personalities, and speciation that they week be providing delicious eggs for our family.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I am a flower and vegetable gardener and love dogs - I'm a school Crisis Intervention Counselor and am working on reworked to become a registered Animal Assisted Therapy team with my Standard Poodle Gus.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband volunteers on a K9 Search and Rescue team and I have a son in middle school. We all love music and laughter!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I read Anne Kuo's book, Beginner's Guide To Raising Chickens and am always seeking to learn more!

Back
Top Bottom