texas - montgomery county animal tradin' days - DATE CHANGE for MAY!!

blue90292

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Rosharon, TX
they've changed the date on us cuz they're having a car show that saturday and sunday.

the tradin days has been bumped to be on april 27th, sunday, the week before. same place same time.

if you have any questions, please contact the montgomery county fair people at 936.538.8000.

Last edited:
your chickens should be tested by the TVMDL. once they give you a certificate. then you need to get your permit number from the state. the state will be there at the entrance, so you can just present them with the certificate at the gate, pay your fee and they'll let you sell your fowl.

the phone number to the texas veterinary medical diagnostic laboratory is 979.845.4186. tell them what part of texas you are in and that you'd like to get your birds tested so you can sell them. the guy who does the testing in your area will call you and make an appointment to come test your birds and the testing is free.

michele

ok so where is it held? i want to go...but there is a dog show that weekend, but i am not entered...hmm gotta choose
smile.png
and what time?
thanks

it's at the montgomery county fairgrounds in conroe. the gates open for the people selling at 6.30am. the official time is 8-5 but those of us that are selling are already looking around buying once we park. lol. and by 1pm, alot of the people have sold their stuff and are gone. i usually leave around 1.30. most of the good and cheap birds are gone by 9am.

here's more info like a map and their flyer. click here

Geeze...I'd have to leave here by like 6:30 just to get there...hmm...we'll see
smile.png
Maybe I'll stay in Spring the night before and then it wouldn't be so bad
smile.png

Thanks!

Hey Michele,

How much of a fee are we talking about? $0, $00, $000?

Didn't want to have to tap into my shoppin money! LOL

What should I expect to see there? Is it just poultry?

Sari

Quote:
sari, if you want to sell, the fees are from 30 cents to $6 depending on the animal. my poultry was 35 cents a head no matter if it was a chick or a grown birds. i think turkeys are like a $1 a head to bring in.

last time it was $5 to get in but i think they lowered it to $3.

i've seen poultry, doves, quail, turkeys, ducks, geese, donkeys, horses, sheep, goats, cowboy stuff, antiques, home made crafts, plants, cages, etc etc etc. it's all out there. i have fun going there cuz now i recognize faces and we get to chat about what's been going on, how their birds are doing, what new things they've gotten, you know....

stacey, (blisschick) from this site also sells there.

michele

Back
Top Bottom