Texas rain side effect

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahBeth9394, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Omg I can't even walk out to the coop without being attacked by mosquitos. I literally have to wear pants and long sleeves. I had 6 jump on me and I literally ran back to the house when I shut the run door.

2. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    It's 32 deg. here right now no bugs I love it.

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    We forget what all the heat & drought changes.

When it was 115 I said I wouldn't complain when it got cold. But was 40 & the wind blowing when I went to check birds & I sure enough complained!

Went all summer without seeing a fly. Had the windows open today & think I might need a new fly swat before they are all eliminated.

But the birds are loving the shoots of green grass that has popped up. My DD was so excited to see grass she was fussing at anyone who steped on it!

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I wouldn't mind swatting skeeters for some rain!

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Today was over 97 degrees here and if we had rain the skeeters would be thick in a few days. I don't blame you for hiding!

6. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    OMG....I was just noticing that tonight (I'm in Central Texas). I thought I was back in Minnesota, I've never seen so many here before. I was swatting like crazy tonight. ugh.

7. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Everything here is pretty much dried out from our 5.5 inches of rain, but like you I was SHOCKED to see a mosquito land on me. I'm not seeing huge numbers of them but the ones that I AM seeing are GIANT. So weird.... I didn't enjoy the dry, hot summer but loved not having many flies here.

8. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Same problem here in Travis County.[​IMG]

9. cuntryduckydude

cuntryduckydude Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    Every time we get a little drop they come out until it dries up.

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    It rained here again last night, and while I enjoy the rain....the flies are driving me insane!!!! [​IMG]

I look like a crazy woman with the flyswatter and the dogs running and hiding. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by