Théo and the chickens des Sauches

Pics
Well, trouble shooting starts. Léa just pooped in the nest 😟. I hope this doesn't mean something is wrong with her. I think I probably cleaned it up before any chicks rolled itself in poop. Now I'm going to have to check every ten minutes 😬. I'm scared to pick the chicks up, they are so tiny and it's only 10° outside.

Well, trouble shooting starts. Léa just pooped in the nest 😟. I hope this doesn't mean something is wrong with her. I think I probably cleaned it up before any chicks rolled itself in poop. Now I'm going to have to check every ten minutes 😬. I'm scared to pick the chicks up, they are so tiny and it's only 10° outside.
Go do some chores or go for a run.
You know I worry all the time but sometimes you have to step away and trust!

I'm with you. I can't value art made with clicks and drags in the same way I value art made with art supplies.

I've just realised I'm a snob.

Edit: having now read ahead, that's four of us reading books in our comfy chairs!
Thre is digital garbage and then there is stuff like this. Unfortunatley the BYC bot produces mainly garbage in words and picture.
Digital Art (25).jpg

There was another huge poop incident in the afternoon.

And some time later, I discovered where the last egg was.
There is a sixth chick 🐥🐣!
It must have hidden in it's momma's wing when I picked them up, and since I just lifted them to put them in a tray to carry them, it didn't have time to fall ?
Léa doesn't want to eat the chick's starter. I gave her grains and she enthusiastically gave some to the chicks...whoops...
IMG_20230520_155628.jpg

one light and 5 dark chicks - do you know what they are or may look like when they grow up? Sorry you've probably said but I can't remember and need a refresher: bantams or large fowl? one or other of your roos the daddy, or were the eggs from a neighbour?

one light and 5 dark chicks - do you know what they are or may look like when they grow up? Sorry you've probably said but I can't remember and need a refresher: bantams or large fowl? one or other of your roos the daddy, or were the eggs from a neighbour?
I had seven eggs. Three were from Léa, but I dropped one while picking her up while she was sitting. I took it off. So two eggs are from Léa and four are from a neighbor who has a very pretty rooster, and a bunch of standards hen that are on the small side.
So Gaston is the dad of two chicks and four are from this roo.
1684606393743.png

Back
Top Bottom