1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thailand / Cambodia Chickens (Pic Heavy!!!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FlockMama, Oct 17, 2010.

1. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Hi all;
    Last December 2009 I went to Thailand and Cambodia. There are usually chickens everywhere when you get to the more Village areas. It is very warm at that time (85 - 90 degrees) it is like their spring. So I got to see Chicken Mommas with there babies and a whole bunch more! They were so cute and looked a lot like "our" chickens. Hope you all emjoy the pics, it's taken me a long time to post this thread! [​IMG]

Okay here goes...

This is a Momma and her babies in Cambodia. They were on the side of the road in a little village. There were little stores and little 2 room hotels around. It was very warm out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is 2 more Momma's and there babies in Cambodia. They were in a very large field. There is also a very handsom rooster.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These birds are at the zoo in Thailand. Pink Flamingo's and a White Dove. They also had a couple roosters hanging out in the Flamingo cage..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a rooster at a temple in Thailand. The first pic is blurry but was funny to me. He was just a little guy running around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well those are my Thailand/ Cambodia chicken pictures. Hope you all like them! [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I really liked the pink chickens. Where can I order some of those? [​IMG]

3. FlockMama

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Pink Chickens would be cool [​IMG]

4. FlockMama

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    No ones interested? [​IMG]

5. verlaj

verlaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Micanopy, Florida
    Sure - I'm interested! I like the crests on the hens and the long, low tail on the second hen - kind of reminds me of Cubalaya hens in the tail. I wonder if they are a breed or what the derived from. Thanks for showing the photos!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Thanks for sharing those pix! [​IMG]

7. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the unique colours!

8. FlockMama

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Thanks I am glad you guys like them. I was really excited to see them and see how pretty they were....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by