Thank you BYC first 8 weeks and all of my babies are outside

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
I am so glad I found BYC. I remember getting eggs at my grandmothers, but she is gone and no one else for me to ask how to raise them. Also, it helps to hear real responses, not those in a book. Don't get me wrong, I am a book geek, but nothing helps like getting a quick answer when need it or some reassurance when things seem odd. Everyone here has been so good to deal with, interesting, I can already see pattern as newbies go through the same things I did. I know it's only been 2 months, but a very busy two months.

My 3 week olds went out to their side of the coop tonight (right before a rainstorm, figures). The 7 1/2 week olds have been out their for 3 weeks already. I will go check on them after the storm. I have carefully set up brooder light but I don't think they will need it this week. Yah, chickens out of the basement!!!!! I loved them while they were there, but those babies can put a stink on.

Still have work to do in the coop, but it is safe. Runs still need to be done. . . Another day. Thanks for helping me graduate my babies into their coop!

thumbsup.gif

It really is a blessing to be able to tap into such knowledgeable chicken owners! I am learning so much (and have so much more to learn). My 2 week old chicks are in my living room and have a great coop waiting for them - hoping it warms up here enough to get them out there in a another week or two - good luck with yours!!

Back
Top Bottom