Thank You BYCers For All The Seeds! NEW SEED SWAP ON THIS THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
I have been receiving LOTS of seeds from our swap/give away a few weeks ago. I want to personally say THANK YOU to all of you who sent some to me. I am building a nice collection for our "friendship garden" next spring, and look forward to the many more items to arrive we traded for.

THANKS FOLKS! YOU GUYS ROCK!

yippiechickie.gif

EDITED TO ADD**** I have some cucumber and green bean seeds to trade if people have more stuff! PM me!

Last edited:
I got the free corn and bean seeds from you as well.
smile.png
It was great because I wanted to grow corn this next year but hadnt got around to buying those seeds!
Hope you got the seeds I sent you as well?
I know the marigold and white radish should do great, dont know about the cucumbers because this was my first time saving them.
Dont you just love the BYC???????
big_smile.png

Heck! I missed the big swap. You all are going to have to hook me up in the spring. I have a few seeds I've saved this year, but most of them were ruined by an unfortunate beer spill. DC I have a question about your garden. I've seen the pics. I looks great and so orderly. Are the boxes sitting on the ground or is there a box bottom? They look like they're 12" high, do you find it's enough to grow root crops, or do you have a secret stash of taller boxes?

Mags... I got your seeds! Thanks so much! I am really excited to plant them this next spring. Super cool....

kinnip, my boxes have no bottom. We tilled all the soil first, then raked the soil into hills, and then placed the boxes over the top and filled in the rest. That way the root crops just keep going deep down into the tilled soil.

Does that make sense? It worked really well this year, and we had TONS more crops than last year. I highly recommend this type of container gardening, but it does require you are on top of the watering. It can dry out easy, so daily water in hot weather is pretty important.

Also, read this book, as it really helps.

Funny! That's the book I've been using for the past three years. It's really good, except his growing season is totally different from mine.

I missed out on the seed swap too...is it terribly tacky at this point to offer dill and anise hyssop seeds to anyone who wants some...the dill will grow through concrete, guaranteed! It's been years since I officially planted any - it reseeds wonderfully.

flower seeds available: Stella D'Oro Daylily,
Baptisia (false indigo)

Oh GOD I will take dill seeds like that... and I would love some Stella d'oros... what would you like in return? I believe I will have a variety of heirloom tomato seeds in a few weeks. Interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom