Thank You BYCers For All The Seeds! NEW SEED SWAP ON THIS THREAD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dangerouschicken, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I have been receiving LOTS of seeds from our swap/give away a few weeks ago. I want to personally say THANK YOU to all of you who sent some to me. I am building a nice collection for our "friendship garden" next spring, and look forward to the many more items to arrive we traded for.

THANKS FOLKS! YOU GUYS ROCK!

[​IMG]

EDITED TO ADD**** I have some cucumber and green bean seeds to trade if people have more stuff! PM me!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    And thank you. I will send the garlic to you as soon as it is ready. [​IMG]

3. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I'm thrilled! We just received some garlic we ordered from Seed Savers Exchange, as well. It is going to be the best garlic garden ever! [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I got the free corn and bean seeds from you as well.[​IMG] It was great because I wanted to grow corn this next year but hadnt got around to buying those seeds!
    Hope you got the seeds I sent you as well?
    I know the marigold and white radish should do great, dont know about the cucumbers because this was my first time saving them.
    Dont you just love the BYC???????[​IMG]

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Heck! I missed the big swap. You all are going to have to hook me up in the spring. I have a few seeds I've saved this year, but most of them were ruined by an unfortunate beer spill. DC I have a question about your garden. I've seen the pics. I looks great and so orderly. Are the boxes sitting on the ground or is there a box bottom? They look like they're 12" high, do you find it's enough to grow root crops, or do you have a secret stash of taller boxes?

6. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Mags... I got your seeds! Thanks so much! I am really excited to plant them this next spring. Super cool....

kinnip, my boxes have no bottom. We tilled all the soil first, then raked the soil into hills, and then placed the boxes over the top and filled in the rest. That way the root crops just keep going deep down into the tilled soil.

Does that make sense? It worked really well this year, and we had TONS more crops than last year. I highly recommend this type of container gardening, but it does require you are on top of the watering. It can dry out easy, so daily water in hot weather is pretty important.

Also, read this book, as it really helps.

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Funny! That's the book I've been using for the past three years. It's really good, except his growing season is totally different from mine.

8. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    I missed out on the seed swap too...is it terribly tacky at this point to offer dill and anise hyssop seeds to anyone who wants some...the dill will grow through concrete, guaranteed! It's been years since I officially planted any - it reseeds wonderfully.

flower seeds available: Stella D'Oro Daylily,
    Baptisia (false indigo)

9. dangerouschicken

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Oh GOD I will take dill seeds like that... and I would love some Stella d'oros... what would you like in return? I believe I will have a variety of heirloom tomato seeds in a few weeks. Interested?

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I would love the anise hyssop. What would you want in return?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by