Thank you for letting me join

ToniL

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Hi Everyone
I'm so happy to join your group!
I grew up on a farm many many years ago, and I always hated gathering the eggs because our chickens were not pets, they were for food and eggs, per my grandfather. So the chickens were mean and they pecked you! I made a deal with my brothers to gather the eggs for me, and I baked them a supply of cookies!! HA HA HA
But I have been dreaming of having a few chickens for so long and I found out that in our new home I can have up to 4 as "pets" so I bought 4 baby chicks last Sunday! So so excited! We have Americana breed... 3 girls Queenie, Scratch, coco and one undetermined... could be sunflower or sunny boy!!! If it is a Roo, we will need to gift him to the neighbor behind us who does not have a limit on chickens or Roos... :(
I'm looking forward to learning about and enjoying our new babies! We are building the coop this weekend!
In addition to learning about raising our chickens, I have been growing a small garden for the past 3 years. Now necessarily successful, but I keep trying!
I have a grown daughter, I have a 4-legged grandbaby and she is very intrigued about the baby chicks. I work fulltime at a local technical college as the Human Resources Manager. I look forward to learning from you all!.

Back
Top Bottom