Thank you for the advice on chicken coop and run!

FiftyCentChick

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
On further research and advice from people on here I decided to just convert a shed into a coop instead of buying a premade coop.

The shed is 4x6 and has a nice window in it and im adding some more ventilation up top. I have been busting my butt building the run for the past two days and boy am i tired! The coop is 4x6 and the run is 6x9( as big as i can fit in my available flat space). This run is just for when we are out of town and to keep them in an area i can actually catch them in for wellness checks and so forth. They will have about 20x25 covered patch of woods on the hill( starting on the other side of the far deck railing and going down) to forage around in and get exercise during the day. I have 6, 5 week old pullets that i am hopeing to transfer into the coop as soon as they get all their feathers and into the run during the day ASAP, they get messier and messier everyday!

I just wanted to thank everyone on here that has posted their ideas and pictures of their chicken runs and coops. I also want to thank everyone who did a lot of research and trial and error ahead of me to make it easier on a newbie like me.

I am not quite finished with the run yet, I still need to add the bottom and top chicken wire and a layer of hardware cloth around the sides and put the coop in. This is the very first thing i have ever actually built and I am using lumber from our old deck and some of the weird cuts the contractors left behind. No one can accuse it of being square, but hopefully the hens wont mind. I cannot wait to paint and finish the coop and run up so i can get to actually enjoying it.

Advice and encouragement are welcome!

Attachments

• messages_0.jpeg
    messages_0.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom